17. Change of Heart

Haruka POV

I didn't know where we were going next after our lunch together, so I was dragged along by Keiji. I thought he would choose something boring like an art museum or something educational, so I was very surprised by Keiji's choice for the next place for our date...

The arcade.

The colorful lights flash with different kinds of games all over the place. You can hear people winning tickets or winning prizes everywhere. I survey the arcade. Children, teenagers, and adults are everywhere playing and enjoying themselves. And now Keiji and I are here.

My eyes light up. "Where do you want to go first?!" I excitedly ask and Keiji chuckles.

"Why are you laughing???" I blush embarrassed and avert my gaze. "A-Also why did you choose to take me here?" I ask.

"It's a date," Keiji answers, "If anything, I should take you to a place that you'll enjoy, so I chose this place."

"Well I guess you're not wrong about that..." I mumble trying to sound composed but I couldn't keep my excitement in.

I grin. "Come on! Let's go to the claw machine first!" I take his hand and Keiji's eyes widen surprised.

"Sure," Keiji says with a gentle look on his face as I pull him along with me.

Third Person POV
(Meanwhile...)

"Bokuto we lost them," Konoha bluntly states and Bokuto's mouth drops.

"How?!" Bokuto cries out and Minako giggles.

"I mean, you were eating all those plates of food so of course they were going to leave earlier than us," Minako adds and Bokuto pouts.

"Such a fail," Mai teases and Komi snickers.

"Maybe we shouldn't follow them anymore. They had good vibes together when we were watching them, so I'm sure it will continue to be that way," Kata points out.

Konoha nods his head. "Just call Haru out and let's go home."

"But we can't drop spying on them now!" Bokuto cries and Haru flies down landing on Bokuto's head.

"Bird found, let's go," Konoha states and everyone's about to leave but Haru pulls on Bokuto's head trying to tell Bokuto to follow him.

"You guys, I think Haru knows where Akaashi and Haruka is!" Bokuto proclaims and starts to follow the flying owl.

"Geh!" Konoha and Komi blurt out as they watch their captain carelessly follow a bird.

"Is he really going to follow an owl?" Mai questions.

Konoha and Komi sweatdrop knowing that they might possibly lose their captain if they were to leave him alone.

"He would," The two of them state and the three girls sweatdrop.

"Bokuto wait!" The five of them cry out and follow Bokuto as well.

Haruka POV
(Back to arcade)

I suck at the claw machine. Each try costs 50 yen and I wasted 500 yen not getting a single thing. I sweatdrop. Is it that hard to get a large plush animal or even a pillow?

Keiji calmly watches me and I stare at him with a deadpan look. "Claw machine games are not as easy as they look on TV, it's a very hard game that requires accuracy and skill," I explain.

"Pfft. Which you don't have," Keiji teases and a vein pops on my head.

"If you're so confident then why don't you give it a try?!" I argue and gesture for him to play as I move away so he could try.