Chapter 1

Fat.

Ugly.

Talentless.

Worthless.

Each word becomes a cut on his skin. With each drop of blood he feels a tiny bit better.

Annoying.

Pathetic.

Waste of space.

Trash.

As the words dive deeper into his mind, the blade dives deeper into his skin.

He hears a knock on the door. "Ashton, are you in there?" He's too weak to respond, so he stays silent. He hears a key go into the lock and a 'tick' noise. Then the door opens.

"Oh my god, Ash!" Calum says, too shocked to say anything else at the moment.

"Calum." Ashton says barely above a whisper before blacking out. Having no idea what to do, Calum bends down and cups the severely injured boys face. He doesn't want to take him to the hospital because he knows there is a chance that he might never come back home with Ashton again. He's not able to ask the other boys for help because they're out getting Michael's hair dyed again, who knows what color.

With the only solution he can think of, he quickly finds bandages and does his best to wrap Ashton's bleeding arms up, but its extremely hard since the blood won't stop coming out, he just keeps bleeding through the fabric. After putting a generous amount of gauze around the damaged wrists, he cleans the bathroom up a bit and decides he'll wait. Ashton doesn't look too, too pale. Maybe he'll be alright, he just needs a little time to get his blood circulating through his body again. While he waits Calum holds Ashton in his arms, praying that he'll wake up soon.

After the longest and most anxiety-filled ten minutes of Calum's life, he feels the slightest movement in his lap. He sees Ashton move his arm a bit and flinch when the fresh wounds brush up against his leg.

"Ashton!" Calum squeals like a child on Chirstmas morning, grateful that his friend is alive. Ashton just groans in response. "Ashton, are you able to speak to me?" Calum asks desperate to hear Ashton's voice and to know that he's okay.

"Calum." Ashton says his voice a bit scratchy.

"Ashton!" he exclaims, "thank god you're okay! What happened? Why did you do this to yourself?" Ashton was in no mood to answer that specific question right now.

"Cal, can we talk about this later? All I want to do right now is go lay down for a bit." Ashton says trying to get Calum to drop it and hopefully forget it all together, but Ashton knew he would never do that.

"Okay, but don't think I'm not going to ask you about this later." Calum states lifting Ashton off the ground and carrying him to his bed being careful not to hurt his arms. All Ashton can think while he's doing this is that he hopes Calum doesn't think he's weighs too much. No wonder Calum will never love him. He slowly lays him on his back and sees that he is shivering so he covers him with the blanket to make sure he's warm. Just as he's about to leave Ashton says something to him.

"Calum." Ashton says to get his attention.

"Yes?" Calum replies.

"Do you think you could maybe lay down with me for a little bit?" Ashton asks, looking rather vulnerable. Calum gets lost in the look on Ashton's face and forgets to answer. Ashton begins to get nervous, assuming the worst as he usually does. "Y-y-you don't have to. I-I'm just a bit cold a-and, god, I'm such an idiot!" Ashton mutters the last part more to himself than to Calum.

"Ashton, it's okay. Don't be embarrassed. Of course I'll lay down with you."

And with that, Calum walks over to Ashton's bed and lays down next to him. Ashton rolls on to his side and Calum does too. He wraps his arm around the smaller boy's waist so they're in spooning position. He listens to his breathing and when it finally evens out and he hears snores escape the older boy's mouth, he is finally able to fall asleep knowing that Ashton is safe wrapped in his own arms.

Okay so this is my first fanfic I've ever written and I know it's short and it probably sucks but I'll try and make it longer next time. Please give it a chance it'll get better I promise. Also, I just want to put it out there that I don't ship any of the boys romantically, but I thought the world could use a bit more Cashton.