➹Me and Ash➹

It's funny how just by hopping on a train going nowhere can change your perspective on life. Life is to short not to take risk or do something crazy. Life is all about finding yourself and what makes you happy. And right now I think I am beginning to find that.

We pass by open land while there is a warmer breeze compared to the ocean breeze from yesterday. There isn't much to look at right now besides the day time sky and the boring open land. I look over to Ash who is leaning against one of the train car walls. In a weird way I am glad that I met Ash on this trip.

"Hey." I say waking over and sitting next to him.

"Hi."

"So when are you going to tell me why your here, the other half." I question him. I am genuinely curious as to why and plus I told him why.

"I guess now is a good time as it ever will be." Taking a breath before speaking he starts again. "Well as you know my parents work all the time. So they have never had much time for me or anything for that matter. About two years ago now, my best friend died." He took a breath trying not to breakdown.

"Hey, I am here." I offer him a smile squeezing his hand. I can't imagine what he went through and is going through.

"When before he died he got really sick. He was diagnosed with cancer and not given much longer to live. We had know each other since kindergarten." He wiped a lone tear from his face. "He was like a brother to me and his parents always treated me like their own. We always said we would go on this big adventure and just travel by train."

"So that's how you decide to hop on this train. Ash I am so sorry. I know that change anything but I am sorry."

"Thank you. After he died my parents were never home like usual. His name was Toby, and was the funniest person you could ever meet. When he died it felt like half of me was gone."  He squeezes my hand in his. "I got depressed after that and went through a lot. I tried to kill my self once, but the housekeeper found me and helped me get better. So now I am living out Toby and I's dream." By now that he finished he had tears in his eyes.

"Ash, I know there is nothing I can really say. I can't imagine what you went through. But even if we don't see each other after this journey I will always be here." I try to comfort him.

"Thank you. Telling you lifts a weight off my shoulders." Unexpectedly Ash pulls me into his chest and hugs me. I just stay there and hug him back knowing that he needs someone.

The next few hours Ash and I just sit there next to each other with my head resting on his shoulder. For an odd reason I feel like this is where I belong. This is where I feel safe and happy, me and Ash.