➹It's a pleasure being a runaway with you➹

It's been a couple days since we last stopped. Now we are back riding through mountains and forest. I don't even know where this train is going but it has been traveling for a long time. It's not quite night yet the sun has gone away but not enough to make the sky dark.

I wonder how long I will be on this train. I wonder why I even did this in the first place. I can't help but think about things like this even though I shouldn't worry about them.

"Hey." Ash says, pulling me out of my thoughts. He takes a seat next to me before talking again. "So I know we don't quite know each other that much but we have been on this train together for a little while. So I want to ask what the other part of the reason you are here is." 

Should I tell him everything? I mean we don't know each other well but I feel like I can trust him. We are stuck here together after all, right? "Okay I will tell you if you tell me the other part of why your here."

"Deal, you first." He says while looking over at me intently waiting for me to talk.

I let out a breath before explaining to Ash why I am here. "Like I said before I got involved in the wrong crowd and didn't care about getting in trouble. I met this guy at the end of sophomore year that I though I was in love with. But boy was I wrong." I took a quick pause to see if Ash was still listening to what I was saying.

"Don't worry I am listening." He slightly smiles.

"Anyway we started dating and I started to hang out with his friends. For one they were know as bad news in town but I still went along with them. At that point in my life he made me feel loved and special. But then I got involved in the illegal things they were doing. So after one night of breaking and entering and some other stuff the cops caught me after everyone else got away fast."

"Wait so they just left you there? Even your own boyfriend?" He questioned looking sort of confused.

"Yeah pretty much. So after they brought me to the station they told me that he was involved in a gang and that they had been looking for him. In order for me not to spend time in the county jail I helped them get my ex arrested. And until recently he was still in hair but now he's out, so that's why I decided to runaway."

"Wow, what a jerk. Your better off without him and not worrying about him." Ash smiled while placing his hand on top of mine.

"Thank for listening. But know I am no this train to learn how to find myself again." I say to him. I am surprised he isn't judging me like most people do when they find out.

"No problem, I am always here. Literally actually."

"So are you going to tell me the other half of why your here?"

"Not right now." He smirked at me. Really I just told him all of that and he isn't going to tell me.

"What about our deal?"

"You said that if you told me why your here then I would tell you why I am here. But you never said when." He laughed slightly at the end of what he said.

"Jerk." I joke while sticking my tongue out at him. He just looks at me with his eyes meeting mine.

"But seriously you don't deserve to have a person like your ex in your life. I hope you find someone better."

"Thank you Ash." I say while giving him a quick hug that turned into a long hug.

His arms felt warm around me as he continued to hug me. Why is he hugging me for so long? Why I am I actually enjoying it? For some strange reason I feel happy with Ash. We hug for a few more seconds before he pulls away.

Ash grabs my hand in his before talking. "It's a pleasure being a runaway with you."