➹ Have you ever gotten arrested? ➹

I must have been still asleep when I felt someone shaking my arm. Why is there someone trying to wake me up? Don't people know you need your beauty sleep. After a few more seconds I open my eyes letting the sun hit my face. Looking above me I see Ash looking back down at me.

Now that I am looking at him in the day light I can see that his eyes are an emerald green and his dark hair is messy yet attractive. I start to sit up rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Why'd you wake me up?" I question in a tired voice.

"Well it's like 10:00am and we may be stoping soon or in a few hours." Ash says.

"Oh okay. I guess that's a valid reason, maybe."

Getting up I grab a granola bar out of my bag and a bottle of water. Walking over to the opening of the train car all I can see is endless amount of pine trees. The wind carries the smell of the trees and forest. There is a calming sensation of just sitting here and looking out into the forest of trees. The forest can be calming yet dangerous and scary. But I guess that is kind of how life is. Life through a many scary things at you but then can be so calming.

I feel Ash coming over and sitting next to me. "What are you thinking about?" he asks.

"Life I suppose." That's all I said before we both went back to looking at the scenery.

➸ • ➸ • ➸ •

The day goes on and I can't help but think about what things are like at home right now, if you would even call it that. By now I don't even think anyone even cares that I ran away. But this train is my home so I will let it guide me rather than the people in my past. I feel a presence come and sit next to me.

"Thinking again?" Ash asked me while he flipped his hair out of his face.

"Yeah I guess so." I said simply

"Hey you want to play twenty-one questions?" He suggests. I mean what harm could it do? It's not like we have anything else to do.

"Yeah sure, why not. You first."

"What's your favorite color?" He asks trying to keep a straight face as he asks the most asked question.

"Really?" I asked him before actually answering the cliche question. "Black, grey, or maybe red."

"You know black and grey are like shades right?" He laughs. I shake my head at him slightly laughing. "Your turn."

"Have you ever got in trouble at school?" I asks kind of interested in his response.

"I mean yeah, who hasn't? In kindergarten I got in trouble for not sharing my color crayons." He said to me. I wasn't really expecting that answer.

"Wow so bad. How dare you not share crayons." I said sarcastically while smiling slightly.

"I know right you don't have to tell me." Laughter filled the train car before Ash started talking again. "Have you ever gotten arrested?"

Should I tell him or lie about it? I mean it's not something I am proud of or go around telling people. "Um...I have actually." I said kind of embarrassed, not wanting him to judge me.

"Really? What did you do?" He questioned. I was afraid he was going to ask that.

"Hey it's my turn to ask the next question. So what's your favorite type of music?" Wanting to get the subject away from my past.

"We went from you getting arrested to what my favorite music is, okay then. Mostly rock music and everything in between rock and punk pop."

"Same here."

I didn't realize that we had been talking for an hour or so. It seems like just minutes. We decided to end asking questions for now and finish another time. As for right now I am going to sleep for a little while.