➹Let's make our mark➹

By now the train has finally stopped at a rest stop. Ash and I wait until no one is watching us before jumping down off the train. Ash jumps first and then helping me down. I trip over my own feel and before I feel the impact I feel Ash's arms around my waist.

"Um...thanks for catching me." I blush slightly while looking up at his finding his eyes met with mine. "Well we should get going so we won't miss the train."

"Yeah, totally. Let's go." He says a little embarrassed while letting go of me.

Marking sure that no one sees us walking away from the train we head towards the rest rooms. We split ways into the bathrooms to get some what cleaned up. Walking in I go into a stall and do my businesses before walking back out and wash my hands. Looking into the mirror my reflection stairs back at me. There are slight dark circles under my eyes and my hair is pretty messy.

Do I really look this bad right now? Not that I really care. Who would I want to impress anyway? Anyway I take my brush out of my backpack and brush the knots out of my hair and braid it to the side. Next I grab some baby wipes from my bag and wipe my face, neck, and arms off. Then grab my toothbrush out of my bag and brush my teeth. Good enough I guess. Throwing away the baby wipes I used I walk back outside and wait for Ash.

I sit on a bench close to the bathrooms to wait for Ash to be done. A few minutes later Ash walks out look a little more cleaned up and hair brush.

"Ready?" He asks me. Nodding a yes we go into the small store close to the bathrooms. Walking into the store we decide to get some more food and a few more bottles of water before paying and walking out.

Looking around before we head back to the train we head back to the train car. When the coast is clear we hop back into the familiar train car that we are calling home. We walk further back into the train behind some crates before the catch us while checking the cars.

➸ • ➸ • ➸ •

After the cars were checked we sat back towards the opening of the car. By now we are somewhere on the coast. The ocean can be seen off in the close yet far distance. I have always loved the ocean and everything about it. It's calm and gentle yet destructive and rough. The wind smells the familiar smell of the ocean.

"Have you ever been to the ocean?" Ash asks me.

"Yeah I used to go all the time. Not as much now but I still like to go." I answer him before asking my question." Have you ever been to the ocean."

"A couple times but not many."

There is a few moments of silence before a hear a sigh from next to me. I look over to Ash watching him blow the hair out of his face. "What?" I ask.

"Nothing." He says simply before continuing."I have an idea."

"Okay, what is this I idea of yours?" I ask genuinely curious. What could his idea be? I mean we are on a moving train with no way out but jumping.

He takes a minute before pulling out two cans of spray paint out of his bag. What are we going to do with spray paint I wonder to myself before following him to the far wall of the train.

"What are we doing with these?"

"Well as you see this is basically are home right now. And I think we should name it ours. Let's make our mark." He says before flashing me a smile.

Smiling back at him I take the cap off of the spray can. Looking over at Ash I can see him already writing something all along the wall of the train car. After he is done I step back to look at what he wrote. Teenage Runaways.

"How fitting."

"That's what we are right? Teenagers running away from life and things back home." He asks. "Here come on let's paint some more."

After a little while of painting we take a step back looking at what we painted. It's the perfect combination of both of our personalities perfectly combining together.