➹ Goodbye town, hello adventure ➹

It's finally dark outside and almost time for me to make my escape from this town. My parents went to bed about and hour ago. It is 11:40pm and I have packed the necessary things that I will need, I mean how much would I really need.

Opening my door quietly as possible I tiptoe to my parents room to make sure they are asleep; snoring is a good sign they are. Sneaking back to my room I shut the door and placed the short letter I wrote them on my empty bed.

Now it's time to leave and not turn back. Well good bye room see you soon, eventually. This is it I am really going to do this. Luckily my window is on the first floor so I don't have to worry about jumping out a window. I take one step out then the other. The wind is slightly chilly but I am finally going to do this. Here I go.

➸ • ➸ • ➸ •

The wind has a slight chill as I begin to walk the few miles from my house to the train tracks. My plan is to sneak onto and empty cargo train car and go wherever the train goes. The streets in the neighborhood are empty and only street lights shine, besides the few teen's bedroom lights who are still awake. It's silent besides my footsteps on the cement side walk. I am not one to be paranoid but I look back every so often to make sure no one is following me.

I am almost to the train cars by now and the anticipation keeps growing and growing. As I see the train cars come into view I make sure no one is around before I hop on to a slightly open train car. Looking around one last time I throw my backpack into the car before pulling myself up.

I did it, I really did it. Now from here on I just go where ever the train takes me not having to worry about problems I may have back home. From this time on this train is my home. Goodbye town, hello adventure.