➹ Me, the Unkown, and now Ash ➹

It's now probably 12:00am by now as the train continues to move. Since Ash had gotten on the train not much conversation had happened. I just sit looking out the car feeling the wind hit my face.

Am I absolutely crazy for hopping on a train and going anywhere, maybe. Am I even crazier to let someone I don't know on the same care, probably. This wouldn't be the first time I have done crazy things. I am pulled out of my thoughts as I sense a presence next to me. Looking over I see that it's Ash.

"Hey." He says as I nod my head at him. "Thanks again for helping my on the train."

"Again no problem." I say looking over to him. He is already is looking at me when he quickly looks down at his lap.

"So what compelled you to get on to a train?" He asks leaning against a wall of the car turning toward me.

"I don't like to do what people expect me to. And I needed to do this to try and find myself again."

"Ahh, okay. What do you mean again?"

"I wasn't going to tell you but since we are both probably going to be on this train for awhile, I will tell you." Ash nods his head at me signaling me to keep talking. "If I tell you a part of why I am here, will you tell me why you're here?" I ask not wanting to tell him if he isn't going to tell me. Isn't that how it works? I tell you, you tell me.

"Yes I will, I promise." He holds out his hand to pinky promise me. I laugh at this action before telling him.

"Well I guess is partly to do with my past. Let's just say that I didn't really care about rules and that I got involved in the wrong crowd."

"What happened?" He asked.

"I told you part of why I am on this train. Now it's your turn." I say to him. Hey I only said I would tell him part not how much.

"Umm...well my parents are always gone on business trips and don't really care where I am at. I don't think they even notice me anymore." He explained to me while looking down at his lap.

"That's it?"

"Like you said you only shared part so I only have to share part." Ash gives me a small smirk as he says this.

"Whatever, I guess you got a point."

➸ • ➸ • ➸ •

It's probably 2:00am or so and Ash went to sleep about an hour ago while I just lay next to the opening looking at the sky. At the moment I can't sleep. Bringing up part of my past to Ash is why I decided to runaway, to get away from it and not think about it. But that's all I can think about right now and it keep coming back.

I didn't make the right choices in my first years of high school and I regret that a lot. I have always been adventurous but when I met a certain group of people I made bad choice of what I did. Now I am no this train trying to find myself and live without the past. It's only me, the unknown, and now Ash.