31

i think we need a bit of a chill chapter. also, sometimes checking out my twitter for when i'll update is useful too: @/smalllflower. comment below who is currently your favourite character! i

When Charlotte when home that day (to the flat), there was something different about her.  Well, two things actually. 

And Fred noticed them both straight away. 

"Lottie! What have you done?" Fred asked. 
"I'm a murderer!" she announced dramatically, collapsing onto the sofa. 
"Well, I was talking about your hair. It looks cute, though," he added, complimenting the brown/brunette shade. "But, what?" 
"Well," she started, rolling onto her tummy so she could look at Fred. "You know today I was part of moving my brother so he could die?" Fred nodded. All of a sudden, Charlotte got teary. "I killed him," she whispered. From Fred's point of view, she looked so distraught. Immediately, he dropped whatever paperwork he was holding and sat right next to her, grabbing her hand. 
"Lottie, baby," he whispered in a soothing tone. "Listen to me. He deserved it. Yes, he was your brother at the end of the day, but only by DNA or whatever that is. Not by choice. Not because you wanted him to be. He was an evil, evil man, Lottie. The world is honestly better off without him. You're better off without him." Charlotte blinked for a minute before speaking. 
"Fred, that was kind of deep," she summarised finally. He snorted. 
"You did the right thing, Lottie. He was going to die anyway. What say we eat out for dinner?" 
"Ok."

And so that was how they ended up on some kind of really romantic date in their local Nando's. They'd gone for a sharing platter (plus an extra meal for Fred; he ate twice what Charlotte ate) and were now discussing the wedding. 
"So, the food menu?" Fred was asking. 
"Lasange, garlic bread, and a dessert buffet," Charlotte decided. 
"You had that ready to go," Fred accused. 
"I did," she agreed. 
"I like the sound of it. What's part of the dessert buffet, then? Ice cream? Cake? Pie?"
"Cheesecake and pie. With an ice cream machine with toppings." 
"Do I get a say at all?" 
"It is your wedding too." 
"Instead of cake, we should have a roast chicken," Fred suggested. 
"I don't see why not." 
"Whoo! Chicken! Chicken!" 
"Fred!"