23

Charlotte could not remember the last time she'd been so tired. Currently, she was only relying on coffee to keep her awake as they started to come up with ideas on how to find James. She was also losing her temper a bit, especially when Nott tried to sit at James' desk.
"No!" she and Rian shouted at the same time, before pausing.
"You can't sit there," Rian told him.
"Why not?" Nott asked, snorting.
"That is Wilkins' desk," Charlotte explained harshly.
"Well, it's not like he's coming back anytime soon," Nott replied. Charlotte shouted at him for approximately three minutes straight.

She was sure he was scared of her now.

And the only thing they had found to help them with the investigation was a note their forensics scientist, Lily West, had found when taking James' car apart.
"'You will be next, my child,'" Lily read aloud. And it wasn't until the next morning Charlotte understood what it meant.

The forensics results proved her thoughts true.

"Connor, you're with me. You might need your hexproof vest. Nott, try not to ruin anything whilst we are gone," she ordered, speed walking to her desk to grab her keys and her cap.
"Where are we going?" Connor asked, grabbing his stuff too.
"We've got a suspect, " Charlotte informed him. "Now get to the fireplace."
"But where are we flooing to?" Charlotte turned as she led the way.
"Malfoy Manor."

"Mr Malfoy? WCIS! We need to talk," Charlotte shouted, knocking on the door. She felt nervous.
"Boss? You sure I can't handle it?" Rian asked. Charlotte shook her head.
"No. I should do this. I am the team leader," she reminded him. Rian shrugged in reply.
If you're sure." Even though they'd only been talking for a minute, there had been no reply.
"We're going to break in," Charlotte decided.
"What? It's a big place! They might not be-" Rian could not finish his sentence, for the door opened. Charlotte and Rian pulled out their badges and wands.
"Agents Malfoy and Connor. We need to bring you and your son in for investigation," Charlotte stated. Lucius Malfoy smirked.
"And how do you propose to do that?" he asked coldly. Before he could do anything, Charlotte stupified him and left Rian to cuff him up before starting the search on Castiel. Charlotte could remember the way around the manner and before long, she and Rian were standing outside of Castiel's room. On three, Charlotte mouthed, and they both held up their wands and pulled out their guns. She counted off her fingers, then opened the door. It seemed that he'd been on his bed, reading, and looked startled as the two surrounded him.
"Deja vu?" Charlotte prompted.