15

"So," Fred said, moving past Charlotte to get to the oven. They were trying to make dinner together. "How was your first day at work?" 
"It was nice," Charlotte replied, smiling. "It was more of an induction, and what to expect, but it was good. Also, we learnt how to shoot a gun," she added. 
"Nice," Fred commented. He was trying to set a timer for the oven. "Are you going to have to carry a firearm around with you?" 
"From the moment I get one, yes. There's a sort of trial month, where they see if they're what they want, and if we pass it, then that's when we get the firearm," Charlotte informed him, heaving herself up onto the worktop. Fred, finally happy with the timer, moved to stand in front of her. 
"So, what are you to expect from this job?" he asked. Charlotte put her arms around his neck to pull him closer, and his hands went on her hips. 
"A lot of danger, dead bodies, criminals, work trips and terrible coffee." Fred chuckled. 
"You think it's the job for you?" 
"Well, we did a load of 'practise cases', and it was really nice to have that feeling of finishing something." Fred put a kiss on her forehead. 
"I could almost be jealous," he told her. 
"Mmhm?" Charlotte said, leaning closer to him. 
"But I love prank pulling way to much," he whispered. 
"Mmhm," Charlotte replied, pulling him into the kiss. It was very heated, until the timer on the oven went off. They pulled away, but not entirely. "How long did you put the timer on for?" 
"Bloody hell. I'm not sure. Maybe you just need a new oven. Or we could use magic?" Charlotte smiled. 
"Alright then." 
"You the man, Lottie." 
"Woman." 
"Right. Sorry."