24

Charlotte closed the door behind her and made her way to the desk calmly. Their boss had decided to do the Malfoys' interrogation together. And considering their history, he'd given Charlotte special permission to do whatever she needed. Sitting down at the desk, she quietly, pulled out some images from a folder - the picture of the crime scene, the note and an image of James. "You are going to tell me where he is, then you are going to tell me why you took him, and you will then tell me the purpose of the note," Charlotte ordered calmly, as Rian came into the room and took his place on the small table in the corner.
"We don't even know who he is," Castiel told her mockingly, smirking.
"Ah, but I'm sure Detective Malfoy can explain why we are here," Lucius said, patting his son's shoulder. Charlotte rolled her eyes.
"I don't have time for games. Do you know what happens to one who kidnaps a member of WCIS, Rian?" Charlotte asked, still calm.
"I can't seem to remember, boss. Do tell," he replied, looking at the two Malfoy men.
"They get to go to a lovely place in the North Sea called Carceren. Not Azkaban, Carceren."
"I heard it's a lovely scenery. Shame you never get to see it."
"Just a dark room. Nothing in it. For life," Charlotte finished, lifting her head slightly. Although Castiel looked a little more nervous, Lucius was still smiling coldly.
"I have no idea what you're on about. Have you checked the basement?" It was this comment that blew Charlotte's fuse.
"A Wizarding Criminal Investigation Service member is missing! A member of my team, no less! You will tell me what you know or I will force it out of you," Charlotte yelled harshly. Castiel now looked scared.
"Surely we get a lawyer now," Lucius concluded.
"People like you don't get lawyers," Rian said, as he turned to the tray he was holding. "What and who?" he added to Charlotte. She picked a bottle.
"The son," she said simply. "Would you like the honours?"
"You get the chair," Rian decided. They moved to the back of Castiel's chair, where Charlotte tied his hands behind the back of the chair.
"Ready?" Charlotte looked at Rian.
"Let's do this, sister," Rian replied. Charlotte tipped back Castiel's chair, tilting his head back. Rian unscrewed the bottle and tipped it into Castiel's mouth. Then, he grabbed the bottle of water that was on the desk. Charlotte put a rag on his face before Rian tipped the bottle's contents onto the rag-covered face. Castiel screamed, choking. Charlotte removed the rag and put the chair down.
"Are you going to tell us?" Rian asked. Castiel only shook his head. "Aguamenti," Rian said, pointing his wand at the bottle. They repeated the muggle torture method again. However, this time it was Lucius who spoke.
"Fine!" he yelled. "He's still in the Manor House. The note was a warning. We're not done with our mission yet," Lucius said. It was good enough for Charlotte. They returned Castiel to his original position and left the room.
"Boss!" Nott shouted, frowning as if the words were poisonous. "They've found him. Wilkins. He's with Seckler." Charlotte nodded.
"Want to go see him?" she asked Rian.
"What kind of question is that?" Rian replied, already on his way down to the ME.

"James!" Rian shouted, practically vaulting into him.
"Alright, Wilkins?" Charlotte asked.
"Yeah. Listen, I, um, thanks for not giving up. I feel bad about this but I am quitting," James said, looking sad.
"That is okay. The run was short but fun," Rian said.
"I'm transferring to cyber crimes."
"Ah," Charlotte replied simply.

"How was work?" Fred asked, immediately wrapping his arms around his girlfriend. Charlotte smiled into his chest, but still explained the day.
"Well, I'm never crossing your bad side," was his reply. Charlotte laughed.
"I love you, Fred," she blurted randomly, pulling him down onto their bed next to her. She snuggled into him.
"I love you too."