British Bird - Chapter Thirty Seven

Start from the beginning

My lip quivers and i nod my head. "It's time?"

"I'm afraid so."

"I don't wanna see them to say goodbye," I whisper.

"Whatever you want, Sang, you know that."

Together, me and Cara leave the bathroom and we pack the last few bits of my things. When Cara goes to put the dress in my suitcase, I shake my head and take it from her. I lay it onto the made up a bed and write a note for Uncle to get it dry cleaned before putting it away.

Five minutes later, I'm walking down the stairs with my suitcase in hand. Johnny takes it from me and wraps his arm around my shoulders and whispers in my ear, "Uncle took them out."

I nod and press my face into his arm, my hand finding his to hold onto, needing his strength to keep me upright on my feet. "Don't let go of me, Johnny," I cry into his arm.

"Never," He holds me tighter and leads me outside to the car. "Never, ever."

xXx

I cried all the way to the airport.

Cara held my hand as Johnny handed over the keys to the car back to the rental place.

Johnny wrapped his arm around my shoulders again as we walked into the airport and got ourselves checked in.

Due to traffic and running a little behind, we have to start heading straight towards security to get to our gate.

And when we round the corner, I come to a stop because there they are, standing together in the corner just before the security gates, looking in my direction with soft smiles on their faces.

"We couldn't let you get on the plane without saying goodbye," Cara whispers.

"Go get them, Beautiful," Johnny says with a gentle shove on my back.

They dont need to tell me twice. My feet start moving and I start running towards them. Their smiles spread wider and I'm sure my own matches theirs. Tears stream down my face and my heart feels lighter in my chest just by seeing them here. Here for me.

I don't slow down the closer I get, if anything, I get faster.

Owen is the first one to realise that I'm not going to stop. He steps into my path, opens his arms and seconds later I'm jumping into the air and colliding with him, my legs going around his waist, my face going into his neck and arms going around him. He stumbles back, but catches himself and quickly wraps his arms around me. "You silly girl, thinking you could get away from us without saying goodbye," he says into my ear. "My god, Sang, you are a breath a fresh air."

I sob into his neck and hold him tighter. A hand wraps around one of mine and I look up and find Nathan holding it and wiping away his tears with his other hand. "Beside's Peanut, it's not goodbye."

"It's not?" I ask.

"Never," Owen says. I unwrap my legs from around his waist and drop my feet to the ground. Nathan still holds my hand as I step away from Owen so I can look into his grey eyes. "It's a see you soon."

Arms come around my shoulders as a body presses up against my back. I look and find Silas. He smiles down at me. "We're going to talk all the time."

"By Phone," Luke says.

"And by letters," Victor adds, holding a video camera in his hand.

"You're ours now, Pookie," Sean says, taking my other free hand and pulling me towards him. "We aren't going to just let you go."

"We may be young, Sang, but you're one thing we know for sure we want forever," Kota adds, coming to stand beside Sean. "I know we're young and have a lot of growing to do, but we can all do it together."

"You mean the world to us, baby," North whispers, taking me into his arms. I press my forehead to his chest, trying to get the tears under control. However, it just isn't possible.

"We're unbreakable," Owen finishes. "So remember, Sang; this isn't goodbye."

I nod my head and turn around to look at them all. "It isn't goodbye," I agree on a whisper.

I smile and look at each of their handsome faces, wondering how a girl like me got so lucky to have met such wonderful souls. And as we say our 'see you soons' and seal the promise with the best hugs i'll ever receive and some kisses to the forehead I hand over the remaining pieces of my heart, knowing that they'll handle each piece with care.

Taking my hand in hers, Cara gives me a smile of reassurance and as I walk away, I cry tears of joy and happiness, knowing that one day I'll see them again.

My name is Sang Sorenson and I fell in love at thirteen years old, not once, not twice, but nine times with nine different boys that are the same but oh so different. They make me smile, make me laugh and have given me the time of my life. I can only hope that one day soon, we can do it all over again.

End Of Flashback.

If only I knew then, what I know now.