24- hyung

TAEHYUNG:
hey bunnyboy 🐰
sleep tight and don't
stress ok? im here💗

taehyung sighs.

i cannot believe i'm doing this for real.

SET JEON's NICKNAME
TO 🐰BOY.

ONE NEW MESSAGE FROM 🐰BOY.

🐰BOY:
thank you so much,
hyung.
don't be sad now,
when there are so many
reasons for you to smile!

TAEHYUNG:
and i'm grateful because
you're one of those reasons :')

🐰BOY:
awe, i'm grateful to
have a hyung like you
too! 💓

TAEHYUNG:
ofc... i love you |

TAEHYUNG:
ily 💓💗💞💕

🐰BOY:

good night, hyung 😄

and taehyung sighs once again before keeping his phone.
he did not say i love you back.

of course, why would he?
he's still in love with jimin.
stupid taehyung.

a phone call stopped taehyung from drowning in his pool of sad thoughts, and when he answered it, he clearly recognized the familiar voice: namjoon-hyung.

"taehyung... are you alright?" his voice sounded like he's hesitating to speak these words to him - and for the first time in taehyung's whole life - he felt like namjoon was scared at him-as if he was a fragile piece of glass that can be easily shattered if not treated with care.

four words his hyung uttered, and there's already tears brimming on the edges of his eyes.

"why... hyung... why..." these words kept on leaving his mouth, although taehyung knows, he certainly knows asking that question would hurt him even more. he already knows the answer, but it was like he needed to ask it again – to refresh him of the memory; that he was not a part of the kim family anymore; that after all these twenty-one years of handling the failure kim taehyung, they finally gave up.

"w-would you like to speak to your brother? he's with me. only if you want to, tae, i'm not forcing you,"
these words were said as if namjoon respects him so much; if it was based on a daily scenario, namjoon would've forced taehyung to talk to seokjin because 'they're brothers, and that's what brothers do.' according to him, but tonight's different.

"tae?" namjoon asks once the line was silent. just the sobs and sniffs made by taehyung were heard.

"never mind that, i'm gonna speak to him. give me the phone." taehyung hears seokjin's voice from the other line, and he heard how namjoon muttered a soft 'yeah' before completely giving his phone to the older. seokjin cleared his throat before speaking at a broken taehyung.

"taehyung! what's wrong, my brother? let's talk." a hint of seriousness was given at the last sentence seokjin spoke. taehyung did not speak.

"ya, tae, do you want me... to come over your house-" seokjin was immediately cut off by taehyung's sudden burst out and trembling voice.