21- that boy

"taehyung-ah, who was that?"

if it weren't for sungjae snapping his fingers in front of taehyung, he wouldn't have noticed someone was talking to him. taehyung cleared his throat and looked at sungjae.

"come again, hyung?" he asks and his hyung only smiles a bit.
"was that your boyfriend?" sungjae teases and taehyung shakes his head without hesitations.

"hm. you grew up already? that's so nice. he's good-looking, tae, you pick so well-"

"he is not my boyfriend!" taehyung raises his voice. sungjae gulps but still showed a smirk with his smug face. his face was telling taehyung the 'i-know-what-you're-thinking-so-don't-deny-it' look. taehyung only rolled his eyes.

"whatever, hyung. i'll see you later." he says after nearing his house. he gives out a small thank you to sungjae before parting ways. taehyung knew sungjae already booked a hotel so he didn't have problems with having a home to reside at for a few days.

taehyung entered his house, a few steps after, loud sighs escaping his lips. he closed his eyes and couldn't help but recall what happened earlier with jeongguk.

"did you know how many times i tried to call you?" jeongguk asks, words filled with fire.

taehyung shivers at the look jeongguk's been giving him right now, he looks at sungjae, and then decides to speak.

"i-"

but wasn't given permission.

"i have called you sixty-four times, i was worried something might have happened to you because you stopped replying to my texts, i ran out of my part time job just to look for you, and - and now i'm seeing you here, looking happy and all, together with some man who you are obviously fond of-that you couldn't even bother replying to my texts!"

"j-jeongguk i-"

"you know what, i'm being stupid here. what's this gonna do? i'm crazy. aish, just forget about this. we're not even close for me to worry about you like that." jeongguk walked away.

and these words made taehyung's heart break, and he didn't even know why. he wished he could forget about the pain jeongguk had made him experience.

he doesn't forget.

he feels the heartache; why does my heart hurt so much? like it was badly beaten? what did happen? did jeongguk's words affect me so much? but why must i be affected by it?
we're not even close.
he already said it himself.
we're not even close.

he closes his eyes shut and opens them again to look at the time, only to find out that there are only two remaining hours before kim seokjin's birthday party. taehyung opens his wardrobe closet, and sees a big black box inside. he figures it was the one his parents bought for him, to make him look, at least, presentable.

taehyung wears the tuxedo, the red tie matching his suit very well. he looks in the mirror and smiles at what he saw. he knows he's handsome - of course i am good-looking.
i just don't get why other people choose my hyung over me, when i'm clearly younger, smarter, funnier, more handsome, sexier, cuter, and - aish taehyung. as if this'd help.

after a few more minutes of preparation, he hears a beep and soon figures it was from his family's car. taehyung entered the car and pretended to look excited for his parents.

"please come in, sir taehyung." a butler says and he smiles plainly before offering the passenger seat for taehyung to sit on. taehyung nods and enters comfortably.