7- november twenty-five

"so you're telling me that within seven days, you already made jeon jeongguk address you with honorifics?"

taehyung sighed at what namjoon said, and nodded for the fifth time. his hyung just wouldn't believe his answers, and what was written on taehyung's report — that he and jeongguk are now friends.

"sorry but, i'm referring to the jeon jeongguk. you might be mistaken because he never respected anyone, except park jimin in the past." namjoon utters, reading taehyung's report with wide eyes. taehyung just shrugged.

"hyung, just believe me, you ass— i mean, yeah, i can prove it to you," taehyung simply says, picking his phone from the left pocket of his jeans. namjoon was confused, but nevertheless, waited for taehyung's demonstration.

"here, i got his number saved in my phone." taehyung said, gesturing for namjoon to get his phone to see what's on the screen.

"what's this? "i love you taetae!" and you replied with, "fuck you seokjin!" what the hell?" taehyung became wide-eyed with namjoon's response and got his phone back.

"oh shit, wrong contact! that's my brother. aish, here you go." taehyung muttered profanities as he gives the real phone contact he had for jeon jeongguk. namjoon squinted his eyes to see.

JEON:
thank you again for earlier,
taehyung-hyung!

TAEHYUNG:
aw you're
welcome bby (:

"what. the. fuck." namjoon says while zooming the screen onto the taehyung-hyung part.

"see! he calls me hyung!" taehyung shoved the phone in namjoon's face and the latter was even surprised.

"how did the gods allow this? how dare that jeon call you with such respect?! i can't believe this!" namjoon uttered, his voice getting distorted as he was looking really annoyed right now. taehyung just gave him a smirk.

"hyung, just admit that i'm amazing. more amazing than you are." more amazing than my brother, that's what taehyung would like to say but stopped, since namjoon wouldn't possibly like that.

"yeah, whatever. just– damn, i can't believe i'm telling this to you, but keep up that nice work, man. befriend him, and in a month, i bet he's already in prison." namjoon says and taehyung nodded excitedly.

"one month?! really?! then promise me you'll promote me if i put jeon jeongguk in prison!" taehyung jumped out of happiness, i am so fucking excited.

"yeah, okay sure. you'll take my spot. you'd be the chairman if and only if you'd take that criminal in his cage within one month." namjoon smiled, a smile that challenged taehyung. the younger nodded without a second.

"but... you'll have to get fired, if you don't do this right. and since this is a big case, people all over the world would know about this. they'll certainly hate you if you failed doing this case." taehyung gulped with what namjoon added. he doesn't want people all over the world to hate him. my family already hates me, i don't have friends — i don't want other people to hate me too.

i guess i'll just make jeon hate me. taehyung thought, biting his lips out of habit whenever he's nervous.

"one month, okay. i can do that." taehyung spoke, eyes lowering on the journal of park jimin. namjoon nodded and gestured him to take his leave.

"c-can i have that?" taehyung asks.
he pointed at the journal jimin had, and when namjoon saw it, he quickly nodded and gave it to him. taehyung smiled before heading out, the journal in his hand.