While You Were Absent: 26

Fletcher woke with so much passion and frustration that he did something he hadn't since he was a kid, he wrote in his journal.

His middle school guidance counselor had convinced him to get one and write down his feelings, it helped him when he was younger, but he eventually graduated to something more poten, however he didn't feel like smoking, so he wrote.

I'm sure if I were to write down the story of my life someday, it would become world famous, but I can't cause the parts about me aren't the whole story, therefore it wouldn't be the whole truth.

Julius A.K.A the man who thinks he is running my show because my mom isn't around, speaking of that such a low blow for him to bring up my mother's absence yesterday as if that gives him the right to control me.

It's Monday and I'm already pissed, I'm not even one of those people who hate Mondays and complain about them whenever they come around, that would be the guy sitting next to me right now.

"So he told me to tell you that we won't leave for China until December because that's when the 5 are coming and it's more convenient for us." Emmett whispered, Julius was in the driver's seat in front of them next to August.

"Did he." Fletcher replied while writing in his journal app.

I could tell Emmett was going through something, but for the first time he's not so willing to confide in me.

I'm a little ashamed to say I'm glad he's keeping it to himself, because right now I'm not the best person to ask for advice when it comes to parents, and I wouldn't want to say something like forget them or just pretend they don't exist, which is what I'm currently doing, its proven very difficult to not talk to the person giving you lunch money, money that I initially refused to take until it was forcefully stuffed into my upper front pocket.

Okay, it wasn't exactly forced into my pocket, he was handing me the cash, I was about to say no when he put it in my pocket and gave me one of those condescending looks that said " This is why I'm in charge now, there's no one else to take care of you" just pissed me off, I can get a job, okay.

Okay now I sound ungrateful when I know there are kids out there who'd love a ride to school and a parent who cares, everything is just so conflicting, when I'm pissed.

"Later guys be safe, we'll be back at 2:40 we expect you to be ready to go." Julius said.

"No can do captain, Fletcher might be here waiting, but I got stuff to do." Emmett said, Fletcher was already turning to leave.

"Hey that's cool man, I can just come inside there and get you when we come back, and tell your classmates all about how we thought you were going to be a girl." August replied smirking, Emmett immediately stopped in his tracks.

"You wouldn't." Emmett said.

(Loud honking sound)

"Later little Emmett, my special boy daddy loves yah!" August shouted loud enough for the other kids to stare.

"Hey, daddy's special boy, see you in class." A tall blond kid said walking past Emmett.

"I'm gonna kill him." Emmett said through gritted teeth.

********

I can't believe the balls on that guy, who does he think he is? Just wait till I see him again.

"Dude, I don't wanna freak you out, but you might wanna watch out, daddy's special boy might catch on." Fletcher said grinning for the first time since he and his dad had their argument.