Threshold: 10

"Dude, stop breathing down my neck it's just the nurse's office as far as everyone else is concerned." Fletcher said and Emmett realized how close behind him he was.

"Sorry, two dudes entering the nurse's office together, what will people think?" Emmett asked looking around.

"I don't know, that we're sick or trying to skip school, who cares!"

"Can I help you boys with something?" Gale asked from inside her office possibly after overhearing their whispers.

"Nurse Gale, how are you? Fletcher and I were just won-"

"We know you're a part of a secret organisation of ex dream catchers who hunt and extract dream sand from sandmen and mutilate Ver De Somnios." Fletcher said interrupting me.

Emmett's heart started to palpitate when he noticed Gale was staring him directly in the eyes, he couldn't believe Fletcher just blurted everything out like that.

She was quiet for a moment, Fletcher watched her like a hawk waiting to rip her open and feed her insides to his young.

That was my boy, he didn't appreciate it when people messed with his circle, it was too small to bother anyone, so why should anyone bother it?

"You boys seem confused, may I offer you something to calm your nerves?" she said, she was still focused on Emmett as she held up a vial of some strange liquid, all he wanted to do was drink the weird liquid, like it was the last drop of coffee in his house on Sunday morning when his mother was too lazy to make any more.

Emmett was about to take the vial from her when Fletcher slapped him across the face, something hit him harder than the blow that actually really hurt, realisation, he had no control over himself for a minute.

"Look, you sick depraved psycho, we know what you are, so your little tricks won't work!" Fletcher said standing up.

"Oh, you sure you wanna do this baby boy? The boss might think you're special, but I have no problem stomping out a little pretty boy."

"Hey, look blondie we're here to offer your boss a deal, we know he has Morpheus's Medallion, we are offering it for my wings."

"And me." Fletcher said.

"Explain, and control leap frog over here, cause I will take a goth down."

I always wondered why people thought Fletcher was either goth or emo, he wore a reasonable amount of black, no eye liner and he never painted his nails, except for that time I did it pink when he was sleeping, unfortunately for me he wasn't too bothered by it.

"Whenever you're ready ma'am."

"These are our terms and conditions, he gives us the medallion right now that is non negotiable and after the next full moon we come to him willingly." Emmett said feeling all official and grown until Gale busted out laughing, even Fletcher hid a grin.

"We have to offer him some kind of collateral."

"Oh, well we promise and I guess we could sign a contract or something, don't know if it would stand in court though." Emmett replied.

"Maybe just let me do the talking." Fletcher said.

They felt an overwhelming feeling of drowsiness come over them just before they blacked out.

*************

When they woke up, they were tied to wooden chairs, in a luxurious mansion.

"Question, little boys, what's to stop me from taking your wings and keeping you here forever huh?" Ezekiel asked, his face was covered with a white mask with a haunting ear to ear smile.