6: Baby's past

Y/n - your name
F/c - favourite colour (I'm Canadian, this is how we spell it)
N/n - nickname
M/n - middle name
E/c - eye colour
Bold - Authors Note
Italics - Thoughts
Underlined - English
Underlined/Italics - Japanese

May add more later

~Y/n~
Just before I end the Skype call, I tell them I'll be back in 9 days (She was already gone for 5). I sit on the couch with Baby's head on my lap while I play with her hair, she has really soft hair. I see the 19 year old drift off to sleep and smile. She needs to be protected from the harsh reality we live in. She's too innocent for this world, too pure.

After about 5 minutes, Nathan comes down stairs and smirks.
"Need help?" he asks.
"Yeah if I tried to take her upstairs by myself, I would most likely drop her," I reply. He chuckles and picks her up bridal style and carries her to her room upstairs. When he leaves I check the time, 9:57 p.m., I then get up and go to the room I'm staying in and grab some pj's, then I go across the hall to the bathroom and get in the shower.

When I get out, it's already 10:24 p.m. I change into my pj's and go to my room. I sit on the bed scrolling through YouTube, trying to find something good.

~Baby (Dreaming... Warning, brings up abuse)~
I watch as my parents send my twin brother, Daniel, over to my aunt's house. I know what this means. It's always been this way, but I can't let anyone know, not even Daniel.

After the car pulls out of the driveway I look at my parents, my mother then slaps me without saying anything. My father punches me in the stomach, I fall to the ground and they start kicking me. By this point I'm screaming and crying. It hurts, even though it has been happening for as long as I can remember. My father finds a knife on the counter, he's never tried to cut me before. Just before the knife hits my skin the police break down our door and put them in handcuffs. I look to the door to see the boy I was supposed to do a school project with. His name is Nathan.

~Awake~
I wake up to someone shaking me. I see Y/n and Nathan and I notice I'm crying.
"It's just a nightmare, your okay. We're here for you," Y/n comforts.
"But it was real... It wasn't a nightmare, it was a memory," I wailed. Nathan knew what I was talking about. You could tell from the way he tensed up when I said it. Y/n knew about my past, except my brother. No one knows about Daniel but Nathan.

After I stopped crying, the two both went back to there rooms and when to bed. I couldn't sleep, after my parents we sent to jail, my brother permanently lived with my aunt, while I could bring myself to face either of them, so Nathan's family took me in. They raised me as if I was there own daughter even though I was just a child with a bad background. I haven't seen my brother in about 7 years ( she would have been 12) and I have no idea where he is. Sometimes my aunt sends me pictures, but besides that, it's like I was never part of the Smith family. It was as if I was always a Write, but I wasn't, and I've been through some things. With all these thoughts running through my head, I slip into a dreamless slumber.

~Y/n~
I know Baby was abused growing up, but it seemed as though I wasn't told everything, that there is some important thing that I'm missing, but I won't push them into telling me if they don't want to. I go to bed and completely rid my mind of all of these thoughts and go to sleep.

I wake up to the sound of an airhorn a little ways away. I go over to Nathan's room where I see Baby holding an airhorn to Nathan's ear, while Nathan was yelling at her to stop. I laughed at the scene in front of me, there was never a dull moment with these two. Once Baby finally stopped tormenting Nathan, we all get dressed and go to Denny's.

As we're waiting for our order, we just talk about random things.
"So Baby, have a boyfriend yet?" I ask the girl.
"Define 'boyfriend'. Friend who's a boy? Yes. Boy who I'm dating? No. I mean, who would even want to date me?" she asks. I hate how she's always putting herself down, but there's no way of stopping it, I've tried.
"I'm pretty sure my brother still has a massive crush on you," Nathan suggests. He barely ever mations his brother, Mason. From what I know, Mason is a year older, and has always had a huge crush on Baby, which only grew when Baby had began to live with them after her parents were arrested.
"Yeah, but I would never date Mason. He's your brother for Christ sake!" Baby quietly exclaims.
"You guys are adorable," I giggle.