How it Works

(DAYU)

I let Wang Qing hug and kiss me. I miss him so I am giving in to myself for a while.

It's a blow, to have him gone and Wu La in two consecutive days. I went into a small period of depression, well not really depression but I gave myself time to think about where my life is right now.

The curses in our family is still hanging over our heads. Just because I learned why ancestor Wu Hai cursed the Wangs doesn't mean that it's over. The only thing that can break a curse is:

True Love's Kiss...

Well, it's not happening now. I don't love this man. I hate him. Not hate hate him like I want him to die but more like I hate him I hope he sneeze while eating rice so rice grains will come out of his nose kind of hate him.

Disgusting I know. It happened to me once or twice.

But I let him hug and kiss me because there is a small, mind you it's really small, part of me that missed him. About 1/16 part of my heart. That small portion. On the far left corner. That part of me missed him.

I will give him that.

But when Wang Qing felt that I am not responding to his hug and kissed he stopped and slowly let me go.

He gazed at me with sadness in his eyes. "I know you are mad..."

"I am not mad," I dispute what he said.

"Because you think I am seducing you,"

"I am not that easy to seduce..."

"Because I want to free our family from the curse..."

"Is that not the case?" I glared at him angrily.

Wang Qing sighed, "Can we sit down and maybe talk about this?"

"Fine," I pouted and let him take my hand so he can guide me to sit on the sofa in his living room. He sat next to me. Our legs touching, he won't let my hand go.

"Last week, it's not about you falling for me and giving me that true love's kiss," he said.

"What is it about?"

He sighed, "It's about me...falling for you,"

Huh? He...is trying to fall for me? What?

"Why?" Why would he do that? He could have just make me fall for him so I can give him my true love's kiss and it will be over. He doesn't need to love me back. "You didn't need to fall for me too," I said.

He winced, "That's not how true love's kiss work Dayu. This is not like the fairytale that only one person, the giver of the kiss, needed to be in love so the curse will break. No. True love's kiss means, we both have to be in love. I have to love you first, before you fall for me. The one who should be in love first is me, then I will convince you to love me back and then the true love's kiss will happen. That's how it works..."

"Who said that?"

"Madam Ai Bai..."

"Ah..." now I understand. He came back to Madam Ai Bai when we had finally exhausted all efforts to break the curse by coming and consulting with those "curse experts".

"Last week, is my effort to get to know you. And for you to know me. I showed you things that I love like the sunrise and the museum and books and coffee to see how you will receive me and the things I enjoyed having in my life,"

I see. "And then you learn that I love sunset, hate museums,likes history, enjoys eating and having tea. We learn how different we are..."