Two in One

(DAYU)

One year later....
Present day

"Wake up?" someone whispered to me.

I opened my eyes and sighed. I can't believe this is my life now.

Someone whispering to me when I am alone. That someone else had invaded my conciousness and talking to me and that's possible when that someone died over a hundred years ago.

It's been a year now. I cannot believe this is my life now.

"Get up, Dayu! Today is the day!" The "other" conciouness in my head is excited.

I grabbed my extra pillow and put it over my head before I scream. "Argh..." it was muffled.

"Do you plan to kill yourself too? I don't recommend it. It sucks to be dead,"

I sat up. Sweet fucking...I sighed. "Can you please get out of my head? Please..." I begged.

"No,"

Yeah, I have been begging like that for over a year now but to no avail.

"I can't,"

Yes, that too. I couldn't get fully angry at my "other" conciouness because she did try to go away but she can't.

She is sort of, trapped in my head too. I swear, the shrinks will have a field day if I let them in my mind.

"Do you think I like this? Sharing thoughts with a filthy 25 year old guy who still lives with his parents and won't even be nice to his mother? Stop trying to watch porn! It's rotting your brain!"

I hate her.

Her name is Wu La. The "other" conciouness inside my head. She owned that metal thing I found in the Lingshan Mountain a year ago and when I pounded that thing in the tree, it sort of cracked and Wu La transfered from the metal thing to me...

"Stop calling it a metal thing. It's a medallion given to me by my father. Stop being such a bitch, Dayu!"

Metal thing or medallion, who gives a fuck?! The important thing is...I have a woman, an annoying woman, in my head!

It's enough to drive anyone insane!

A year ago, when I woke up in that hospital after my rebellious hike, my concerned mother hovering over me, I thought at first that I can finally hear other people's thoughts. That I somehow acquired a super power when that blast happened that threw me in the air. But no, I can only hear one thought. A female thoughts...

Wu La's!

She invaded my head. She is trapped inside my head and now we have to share our thoughts.

I want to kill myself.

I don't believe it at first. Nope, I don't believe it until now. That I have the thoughts of a woman inside my head who had died over a hundred years ago.

"I am Wu La. I was born in 1880 and I died at the turn of the century..." is her opening remarks to me.

I was tempted to run to the psychiatric ward of the hospital but then I saw a man drugged up to his gill with a straitjacket around him, I said forget it.