Samaritan

(DAYU)

Six months later...
Lingshan Mountain

Date a man? DATE A MAN!

I am not gay! Not that I have anything against gay people. I am not homophobic. But I am not attracted to men. I like women. Beautiful women. Why will I date a man?

My mother is impossible!

"But that fortune teller told us, son, a woman will bring you bad luck. You have to marry a man!"

She believed that shit! Fuck! It's that fortune teller's fault. Now, I have to go to blind dates with another guy? Fuck that! I will not do that. Shit...

That is why I escaped my mother to take a hike in Lingshan Mountain. I have to escape her or disown her. I chose the safer route. That is why I am hiking now.

There's two reason why I am hiking. One, I love hiking. Two, I want to prove that fortune teller was wrong. Avoid women and mountains? Bah! Why? Why do I have to do what she said, I think she is a big charlatan! A con artist.

Lingshan Mountain is quite a challenge and I don't plan to hike to the top but I just want to be surrounded by nature. Trees, leaves, plants, air...dirt...

I was on my way down because it's already 4pm and I don't want to continue walking when the lights are out when suddenly a big boom sounded from the sky. I stopped and look up...

"Rain? Why is it thundering? I thought today will be quite dry the whole day?" I mussed to myself but I started moving faster. Rain is fine. Mud? Not so much.

I was halfway down the trail when it started raining. The ground got wet and some parts became slippery. I held on to my hiking sticks and slowed down so I won't slip. Strain in my legs or feet will be a disaster.

I stopped when I realized that it became too dark. What the hell? Rain is fine, mud is bad but dark? Creepy.

I put my handy flashlight out and continued my way. Then I realized something else, where are the other hikers? When I was going up, I encountered at least ten people going up like me and some are going down. Now, why do I feel like I am all alone in this mountain?

Fuck this shit! I will not be scared!

"Argh! I will not be scared!" I shouted to the heavens and disturb the thunder that rumbled again.

I started singing. Yup. I sang while I walk, slip and slide through the muddy track. That's fine. I am almost on the foot of the mountain. I will be fine. I just have to continue on my way. Put one foot forward, then the other one. Slow and steady will do it.

So that's what I did, I put one foot forward and put it on the wrong ground. To slippery ground. I was upright, next thing I know I was sliding down a downward slope. Down and down I went. Until I hit a snag.

I stopped. Body on the ground. Mud all over me. Fuck!

"Okay. I'm not hurt," I said even though no one is asking. I slowly sat and let the rain wash away the mud on my arms and face. Dry weather?! Fuck those weather forecast! See if I believe them again!

I slowly stood up but lost balance again and I have to plant my hand on the muddy ground so I won't face plant on it. But I was about to stand straight again when I felt something beneath my right hand. I got it.

Something round and metallic but it's covered with dirt. Rock hard dirt. Like the thing was left in the ground a long time ago and now it accumulated too much dirt that it became a rock. I took it with me. Letting the rain beat on it as I walk to look for a study tree.