Remembers

(DAYU)

When I got home, I lied to my parents. Telling them that we didn't find any real curse experts. They are all bogus and ridiculous.

"Have you eaten dinner?" My mother asked me. I nodded and smiled at her. "Don't worry, I am just tired Ma. It's been a long disappointing day. Maybe tomorrow we will have more luck,"

"Okay," my mother kissed my cheek and let me go.

Upstairs, I washed up, changed to my sleep wear and lay flat on my bed.

"Wu La, you cannot ignore me forever..." I said as I watch the shadows dance on the ceiling of my room.

"I am not ignoring you,"

"Then why won't you say anything?"

"I...remembered stuffs..."

"Like it's Wu Hai who cursed the Wangs and our family as well?" I can't help but get annoyed at my great ancestor.

"My brother is a good boy..."

"Who just like to curse people..."

"It's because of me. It's because he loves me so much," I can hear tears on Wu La's tone.

I let her cry for some minutes. I cannot hear her but I somewhat can feel her sadness.

"Do you remember everything?" I asked after some time.

"Yes," I can hear hesitation on her tone. "But please don't hate my brother."

"I won't hate him. He is my ancestor."

"You hate me..."

I was stunned at the hurt in her tone. I feel ashamed all of a sudden. "Wu La. I don't hate you. I just...blurt it out sometimes but that doesn't mean that I meant it. Or that I really feel like that..."

"I know. You are a good boy, Dayu. Like my brother. I actually see you as my younger brother."

I laughed a little, "But I am older than you."

"Yeah...no..."

I smiled. "What do you remembered? Can you share it to me?"

"I can. I remembered how I died. I killed myself. For the woman I loved..."

"Han Fei," even if she doesn't say it, I guessed.

"How did you...yes, it's Han Fei. She is the prettiest girl in our town. With a smile like sunshine, warm and bright. Her heart...sometimes selfish but she was raised getting what she wants. One day, she kissed me. And said that she loves me."

"Did she? Really love you?"

"Yes..."

"Are you blushing?" I teased her.

"No!"

"I think you are," I kept on teasing her. "So I was right, all along...you have fallen in love."