Feelings

(DAYU)

Book on economy. Economy. What do I know in economy? Nothing really. If the prices of the car parts is part of economy then I can contribute on that topic.

If not...then there's that.

I love poetry. It has story. Sometimes funny, sometimes sad. Sometimes jolly, sometimes melancholy. Poetry is like story written in short lines. I like deciphering each line and interpreting them on my own.

Economy and poetry. The difference between the two is staggering.

But the same can be said to the ube cake and chocolate lava. They are different but they are both heavenly.

"Right?" I said to Wang Qing after giving him a spoonful of each cake. "They taste different but they are both so good..."

Wang Qing nodded, "Yes. I like them both." He washed the sweetness with his bitter coffee.

I sip my tea and we started reading. The book in my hand is good. I smile when I read a funny line or two. Frown when a sad text surprise me. Then I stole glances at the man sitting on the opposite side of the table.

I studied him. Or our situation. We are sitting under an awning on a high towered building. Having tea and coffee and cakes while reading books about economy and poetry.

What exactly are we doing?

I don't know. But I feel at ease while we are doing whatever we are doing.

I was about to go back to my book when the side of my eyes caught something. The sun...setting in the West.

"Sunset..." I said faintly.

"Really?" Wang Qing abandoned his book and followed my gaze. The sun is setting between two large buildings. Slowly disappearing under the expanse of the city. The sky is showing mixture of indigo, blue, grey and deep orange and peach.

It was mesmerizing to see.

"Congratulations," I look at Wang Qing when he said that. "For what?" I asked him.

He smiled at me. "For surviving another day," he took his cup of coffee and raise it to salute me. I smiled and take my cup of tea to kiss his cup with it. "Congratulations to you too. For surviving this day,"

We both sip our drink and watch the sunset more.

We spent sunrise and sunset together. We have been together for almost the whole day. How about that?

Wow!

Can this day not end?

Can I hope for that? Am I even allowed?

What is going on? Really?

As the sun disappearing in the West. Darkness swiftly fell in Beijing. Wang Qing and I stood up from our table and left the cafe after paying for our order.

We rode the elevator to go down. And I feel lonely.

--------@--------

(QING)

Dayu was quiet as we go down to get back on the parking lot. I let him think because I felt like he has some questions he had to unjumbled first on his head before asking it to me.

"Are we going home, now?" He asked quietly as we walk to my waiting car.

"Not yet. Let's do one more thing then dinner before we go home. Where do you want to eat dinner?" I asked him.