Match

(QING)

The Feng invited me to lunch and I tried saying no but Mrs.Feng won't let me.

I ate with them. Dayu ate in silence. He will speak when asked but most of the time it's like he is conversing with his own head. Noy surprising if I will believe him that his great grant aunt in his head.

Maybe he and Wu La are discussing things. Mr. and Mrs.Feng just let their son be quiet. It's clear how much they love their only son with the way they understood him.

After lunch, Dayu and I made an appointment to see each other early tomorrow so we can start looking for curse expert and ask them how to break a 120 year old curse to our families.

But tonight, as I talk to my parents. I asked them about our family history. Particularly in the time when we got cursed.

"You think someone in our family jilted Wu La that is why she cursed us?" My father frowned.

"Yes," I nodded. "You only curse at the people you hate and did something to hurt you. The Feng had this theory that someone jilted Wu La, and that someone is from our family."

"Qing has a point, Honey." My mother agreed with me. "Do you know anything about the history of your family?"

My father thought deeply, "If we are talking about the the turn of the century in 1900, the only significant thing that happened was the wedding of my great grandfather Wang Bao to my great grandmother Han Fei. That's when the curse started..."

I frowned, "You think Ancestor Wang Bao jilted Wu La? That instead of marrying Wu La, he married Great Grandma Fei?"

My father nodded, "If we are gonna follow your jilted lover theory, that may be the case. Aside from that, I don't know anything that can possible push anyone to curse us. We are a merchant family, Wang Qing. Not even political or connected to the Imperial Family of China. No, we are simple merchants back in those days. Our business is booming, sure, but those times, businesses are booming. And I don't remember our family having any rivals in business before..."

"Okay, then let's stick to the jilted lover. What should we do to break the curse? Should we combine our family? Ask the Feng in marriage?"

"If the Feng had a son, then maybe we can marry Ying to him. Maybe they will be the perfect match," my mother smiled. Liking that idea already.

I wanted to laugh...or get angry at that suggestion. Dayu, the Feng's only son, is...a character. He has Wu La in his head. But he seems like a nice guy. And if we are talking about my sister's luck in relationship, Dayu will die. If my sister dates a nice guy, that nice guy die. If she is dating a loser, that loser breaks my sister's heart.

Yes, I think I believe it now. My sister is cursed. And if my mother pushed a match between my twin and Dayu, Dayu will die.

"No," I shook my head. "He is too nice to die like the other nice guys my sister dated..."

"Wang Qing!" My mother cannot believe that I said that.

"What? You believe Ying is cursed. If you push this match with the Feng, you will kill their poor son and risk another heartache for Ying. Nope. Let's give her heart some break. Dayu, that's the Feng's son, and I decided to research about breaking a curse. We will start tomorrow," I said.

"That is a good idea," my father agreed and pat my mother's hand. "Let's give Ying some rest. Let her enjoy being single for a while. When the curse is broken, then she can start finding her happily ever after again,"