Turn 73: My love for you means...!!

As Payic left the small cafe, Ayato sighed and packed up his cards, and took another sip of his coffee

"...I highly doubt dad's plan will work but... let's see if we can get that Ryuzu clone on our side."

(Opening here)

In the mansion Ryuzaki lived in, Maverick was at the couch, watching a movie. He was chewing on some nachos, there being a soft crunching sound while the movie was playing.
"Hey Maverick, you seen Payic?" Ryuzaki asked as he walked towards the couch. Maverick swallowed his food and drank some of his orange Lucozade.
"She said she was going out to get a bite and some booster packs to help complete my Domination deck." He replied.
"...why doesn't she but singles like a normal person?!" Ryuzaki sweatdropped. He ruffled his white hair as Maverick shrugged, his eyes fixed on the movie.
"Beats me. Maybe she gets off gambling for cards." He replied, taking another nacho and eating it.
"...gambling for car... You know what. I'll go find her." Ryuzaki said, his face starting to become pink. "...I need to tell her something."
"Your gonna ask her out for real, huh." Maverick grinned as he finally turned to Ryuzaki, who seemed to be lost in thought. On his mind ever since they were kidnapped by Max, was his accidental to confession of love to Payic. Out of a fear of dying, he blurted it out as he thought it would be the end of them all. Ryuzaki proceeded to sit down next to Maverick, as he swiped his white bangs to the side and brought a loud sigh.
"Life's a bitch." Maverick said. There was no response, and the movie kept playing. Silence gathered within the room. Ryuzaki reached into the bowl of nachos and ate some, as the two boys filled the silent rooms with the crunching of nachos, grinding against their teeth while cheese oozed around their mouth. Maverick's eating style was clean, while Ryuzaki's was messy, getting a thin layer of melted cheese on his hands.
"Damn." He said as the movie continued to play. He wiped his hands, as the dreaded silence filled the room again.
"You ever thought of training?" Maverick said as the tension continued. Silence, once again, filled the room.
"My body?"
"Yes." He replied simply as Maverick continued to eat.
"...no, never." Ryuzaki said simply. "Lifting weights and doing reps ain't my thing dude."
"Fair enough." Maverick replied. Silence filled the room again. The clear sound of Maverick's crunching against the T.V which was playing the movie was filling the void left from the lack of conversation. Ryuzaki was deep in thought. The door clicked as Payic went inside the living room. However, her air brought something weird.
"...Payic!" Ryuzaki cheered as he stood up. Payic didn't respond. She walked up to him and asked,
"Are you strong?"
"Physically?" Ryuzaki asked as the two were face to face. She was about the same height as him, with Ryuzaki a couple centimetres taller.
"...no. As in, cardfighting." She replied in a dull tone.
"You should know my strengths and stuff, ya know?" Ryuzaki scratched the back of his head. "I mean, we're teammates..."
"It's a simple question. Answer it." She replied.
"...then yes, I am strong." Ryuzaki replied.
"Fight me, now." Payic pulled out her deck.
"This is a bit sudden..." Ryuzaki mumbled as Maverick stood up and paused the movie, raising his eyebrows.
"You okay, Payic?" He asked, concerned.
"I'm fine. I'm itching for a fight, that's all." She replied to him, her dull tone staying.
"Alright then. We can start."