Turn 50: Pressure

Maverick gulped. "Shit, it's my turn already?!" He exclaimed worry.
"Don't worry man, your gonna ace it." Ryuzaki gave him a thumbs up.
"Win it for us, okay?! We'll be counting on you to carry our group!" Payic cheered.
"Aye..." Maverick shivered. "I don't think I'll do well seeing as I'll be fighting-"

"NOVA GRAPPLERS!!" Ryu screamed as he slammed down his deck. "Man, it ain't the same without Shika..." He sighed. "I don't care about the tournament anymore... So what's the point of playing?" He groaned. "Vanguard... feels dead to me. Trolling isn't as fun and there's not much to do except stride... I just... I just wish that I lost in the first round!!"

"Alright folks, it's the fourth round of the tournament, and now, in the Red Corner! The guy who shoulda played Tachikaze for his Military obsession but instead plays some ninja Bermuda Triangle rip off, Maverick Ichinose!!" The announcer exclaimed.
"I DON'T LIKE DINOSAURSSSS!!!" Maverick roared as he charged forward. "I got a lot ridin' on this game... I have to win... For Ryuzu and Payic!!"
"And in the blue corner, the one who uses Gundams for his cardfights, it's Ryu Jomko!" The announcer exclaimed.
"Why my last name isn't Joko or Yoko is beyond me." He sighed. "I don't care... Should I just resign? I mean, that'd mean Yza and Mai can have their match..."
"Ok Ryu!! Imma win!" Maverick exclaimed.
"Nah, it's fine. I resign from the tournament." Ryu said nonchalant.

(Insert theme song here)

"What's this?! Is Ryu giving up?! It can't be!!!" The announcer exclaimed.
"What's the point of fighting without any passion? I don't feel the need to fight if I don't want to. Vanguard... Isn't as fun." Ryu said grimly. "Plus, I don't feel the vibe to fight... My best friend was just thrown into jail so suddenly, and all my pumped energy has been drained... That, plus other circumstances."

"Well, this is interesting, we didn't anticipate him to become like that, did we?" Max grinned.
"I could care less for that Jungle Boy. If he quits, that's fine by me, that just let's me fight Aya and beat her quicker." Ayato slammed his fists together, then clicked his fingers.
"That trick is neat, you know." Max tried to click his fingers but no snap.

"Phew, that means less work for me..." Maverick breathed a sigh of relief.

"What in the-?! Ryu!!" Yza exclaimed. He left the room in a hurry to run after Ryu. "No, he can't just give up so suddenly!! I don't want him to lose dammit!!"

"So yeah. I resign. Yza versus Mai can start instead. Whatever." Ryu said as he walked away.
"So... Uh, Maverick Ichinose wins this round...?" The announcer gulped.
"This is-o-so terrible." Dr. O shook his head. "This is a shame."

"Heh." Ryu smiled sadly. "I'm weaker than I thought. Now I just wait for the bombardment of messages telling me to go on and someone slapping some sense into me..." He checked his phone. Seven new messages.

Rino

R u an idiot?! Don't quit!!! Win 4 Shika!!

Wyvon

RYU NO

PLEASE DON'T QUIT

YOU CAN'T!! NOT AFTER SO MANY OF US LOST!!

Backlion

Hey, Ryu
I swear to God, when I find you, Imma force you to play that game!! If you lose now, what's the point?! You can win! Don't let anything else get in your way!!