Turn 9: The Past

Yza ran down the hallways, rushing down

"GONNA BE LATE, GONNA BE LATE!!" Yza thought as he ran down the hallway, his FiCa loosely attached to his belt as his shoulder hit another shoulder, long blonde hair flickered next to Yza's short black. The FiCa detatched and landed by her feet as Yza ran. He skid in a stop, bowed and said, "Sorry!" Not taking a look at the girl, as he ran to his lesson. She stopped, picked up the FiCa and looked at the deck inside.

(Insert your favourite vanguard theme song here)

Yza sighed as Ryu dragged him to the infirmary.
"Why are we going again?" Yza asked.
"Your banned from the library and Shika's been banged up." Ryu explained.
"As usual. Those guys on the rugby team are huge!!" Yza exclaimed. They walked inside, seeing a bruised and bleeding Shika being bandaged by the same blonde haired girl.
"Hey bro!" Ryu smiled. Shika waved.
"Whats up?" He asked.
"Me and Yza decided to visit you." Ryu  said.
"I see." Shika said. Yza smiled and waved at Shika, before his eyes trailed off to the blonde. He was stunned by her beauty.
"So checking out that nurse there eh?" Ryu asked, whispering to Yza.
"Gah!" Yza exclaimed, putting up a leg and his hands away from Ryu.
"I knew you were looking at her-" Ryu said, before Yza slapped him.
"N-no way!" Yza exclaimed. "She looks familiar, thats all."
"Oh, shes Rukia Takanori. Transfer student. Shes in our classes." Ryu said.
"Rukia... Sounds familiar." Yza mumbled before Rukia walked over to them. She had long blonde hair that reached to her waist, blue eyes and the school uniform. On non-school days she would wear a purple jacket over a blue shirt and have blue pants. To contrast the blue and purple, she'd wear white trainers.
"Hey Shika, Ryu, and uh..." She trailed off. Yza blushed an intense crimson. He coughed and regained his confidence.
"Yza." He spoke.
"Yza... Oh," Rukia said, before handing him his FiCa. "I believe you dropped this while on your way to lessons."
"D-did I?" He stuttered. Ryu facepalmed as he pointed at Yza's bare belt. "I-it seems I did. T-thanks..." Yza stammered, taking the FiCa out of her hands. Rukia blushed slightly.
"He's making a fool out of himself!!" Ryu cried in his head. "Oh God/Goddess of love, bring Cupid to thy Mortal Realm and help Yza get back on track!!" Ryu prayed in his head.
"Say, by any chance you play vanguard?" Yza asked.
"I used too." Rukia replied. "It was before I moved, I played with a boy that looked similar to you Yza." She laughed. "I don't really remember much about him, or his name as I left at such a young age. But now I'm back at this same town, and would like to meet him again."
"Well I hope you can find him again. And thanks for finding my FiCa for me." Yza smiled. "I'm off. Later!" He said, giving a peace sign to Ryu and Shika as Shika waved bye, screaming "OUCH!"

Yza had his hands deep in his pockets. "Rukia... Why is her name so familiar?! Goddamn it..." He sighed as he thought hardly, as it hit him. "I played Vanguard before?" He wondered. "Maybe thats why it was so familiar... Wait a second... I used to play something with Maxios before he left to the military... No... Could it be? Could it be?"

Yza held his Dimensional Robo deck tightly as he cried. Maxios ruffled his hair. Maxios had red hair in a mop fashion.
"Don't cry ok Yza? I want you to take good care of my Dimensional Robos and continue playing vanguard with Rukia and become the best player ever!" Maxios grinned at Yza. His mop was getting loose as he redid it.
"Why do you have to leave?!" Yza cried.
"Because this is what I want to do. Be good for me ok? Your the man of the house now." Maxios said as he hugged his brother tightly. Yza cried into his shoulder as they stopped and Maxios waved bye to the black haired boy.