Then a thought hit me. “Why don’t you have a room-mate?” I asked, curiously, looking over at the abandoned bed opposite Ellie’s.

“Oh, I had one, Julia, but she left during the year and I never got a new one.”

“Maybe I could move here?!” I said, excitedly.

“Yeah, maybe. They would probably not allow it.”

I nodded, and then I thought of something else. “What about Barbie? Didn’t she have one?”

“She did, her name was Kelsey, I think. She was American.”

“What happened to her?”

“You know Beatrice. She’s a bitch, and Kelsey was beautiful and nice. I don’t think Kelsey could take it anymore, so she told everyone some lame excuse and left.”

“God, that’s serious.”

She nodded. “The sad thing is Kelsey and Bea used to be really close, and then Kelsey started to go out with Matt.” She shivered at his name, and then continued. “She had all the boys after her, understandably. “Bea got jealous and turned everyone against her, which broke Kels. Then, she completely crossed the line and got Matt, which utterly crushed.”

“Whoa.” I breathed, letting out the breath that I hadn’t realized I had been holding.

“Yup, Beatrice is extreme. She completely brakes anyone in her way.” I shivered. Was she going to try to break me too?

El sensed my uncomfort, and swiftly changed the subject. “So how was your day, then?”

“Good.” I told her about the uneventful lesson, and then handed her the note. She sent me a confused look, and I nodded towards it. She unfolded and read it quickly. Then, she launched herself at me, squealing.

“We need to choose the outfit!”

“El, you are ill. You need to rest.” I said, pushing her gently, back into her lying position.

“But I don’t want to.” She moaned. “I’m fine. Promise.” She sneezed suddenly, saying otherwise.

I got up, smiling down at her. “Don’t worry, I’ll find something.”

“Fine.” She huffed, crossing her arms, acting like she was about five.

“Get better, El. Don’t worry about me.”

“I won’t.”

I laughed, at her immaturity and turned towards the door.

“Bye, Ellie.” I said, as I closed the door behind me.