Bio #21: Ava Lillian

(As of Volume 4)

Appearance
Name: Ava Lillian
Height: 5' 9"
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Race: Faunus (White Tiger; ears)
Weapon: Twin repulser gauntlets powered by Fire and Lightning Dust
Semblance: Aura Projection
Hair: White with black streaks
Eyes: Blue
Attire: White and red shirt, black shorts
Inspiration: White Tiger/Ava Ayala (Marvel); Guts (Berserk); Iron Man (Marvel)

History
After witnessing her entire tribe of bandits be slaughtered when she was only four or five, Ava has pretty much been on her own for most of her life. She was picked up by a group of travelers not long after, but they weren't exactly the nicest of people. Until she was thirteen, she put up with a lot of abuse, both physically and mentally, some things she never recovered from.

But when Ava was thirteen, Scarlett Justine stumbled into the travelers. When the group attempted to exact the same treatment on her, they got a taste of her fangs, and due to being nowhere near civilization and proper medicine, the entire group died a few days later. Scarlett found Ava and took her away from that place and with her back to the nearest town to get help. And after a few years of traveling with Scarlett, they joined Shade Academy.

Her Semblance is called Aura Projection, which can outwardly project her Aura and use it as a shield. She can even change its shape and density however she sees fit, depending on how much of her Aura she uses. However, this Semblance can be a huge risk, so rarely uses it, saving it for only the worst of situations when she's still has a lot of Aura left.

Instead, she relies on her weapons, two gauntlet/gloves empowered by both Lightning and Fire Dust, Lightning on the right, Fire on the left. When fired, the gauntlets fire a ball of fire or lightning respectively, and Felix helped modify them so that she could control the size of the ball. And she'll occasionally use both at the same time, creating an orb of fire and lightning for a devastating explosion.

Despite her vast capabilities, Ava is not a very confident person. This can easily be traced back to the abuse she suffered growing up. She's very vulnerable to insults, which are especially common due to racism, and has a history of suicidal tendencies. Just hearing someone insult her makes her ashamed of herself. While Ava has gotten better over the years, she still doubts that she'll recover, but is grateful to her team.

Relationships
Team FSHA
Felix Scout: At first, Ava was scared that she would have to put up with Felix's rude behavior all throughout her time at Shade. But, much to her surprise, Felix changed almost instantaneous in front of her. To her, he proved that first impressions weren't everything. She admires him, and admittedly isn't too upset that they can't get into Vytal Festival Tournaments because of him.

Scarlett Justine: Though a bit scared of her, Ava is grateful for Scarlett rescuing her from those travelers and for Scarlett's protective nature. Though she does seem a bit... overprotective. Ava's honestly scared that one day, Scarlett might abandon Shade Academy and their team altogether and take Ava with her, something that would be against Ava's will.

Hayden Fonda: Ava is very intimidated by Hayden. His nice yet destructive nature makes her a bit more scared of him than she'd like to admit. And, like the rest of everyone there, she knew nothing about him, only triggering her fear more.

Team ACID
Akira Chutu: When she heard about Akira's past, Ava prayed desperately that it wasn't her tribe that had kidnapped Akira's mother and was then killed because of it. But she still had vague memories, and she didn't know of any other large groups that were slaughtered. Ava hasn't found the courage to tell Akira of her suspicions yet, mainly because she considers Akira a good friend.

Cronos Troyard: Ava finds Cronos a nice enough guy, and his interest in tinkering interests her. She's found his inventions very useful in the few raids she's participated in. She also finds the exoskeleton he uses as a weapon fascinating too.

Isabella Coyote: While Isabella does seem a bit lazy to her, Ava knows that there's more than meets the eye. The two of them have had quite a number of spars together with varying results. Ava likes her well enough, and the two get along. Although, Ava has always asked herself, "Isn't she a bit young to be drinking?"

Daegal Sødrage: Ava finds Daegal very intimidating. No big surprise there. Despite his calm and collected demeanor, his size, power, and skill frighten her a little. Her timidness around him is often mistaken for another emotion by others, but no one has said anything, mainly out of fear of Scarlett.