Brunch with His Parents.

It was game day, and I was nervous. Klay was all over nervous. I could see it in his eyes every time he looked at me. I got ready super early, because I was trying to get my mind off the game tonight. I walk down to the kitchen and Klay is nowhere to be found. I look and see that his car is gone. He didn't tell me he was going anywhere today. The house phone then rings. I didn't even know that phone works.

    "Hello?" I question into the phone.

"Oh hello, is this Kaylee?" The voice sounded familiar, but I was still confused on who it is.

"Yes this is, may I ask you who this is?" I ask, the woman who was on the other line.

"Honey, it's Julie, Klay's mom." Mrs. Thompson says, making me feel really embarassed.

"I'm so sorry for not recognizing you." I state, as my cheeks blush even though she can't see me.

"It's fine. Mychal and I are in town, we were wondering if you would like to meet us for brunch before the game." My heart freezes. Klay's parents wants to have brunch with me?!

"Um Klay isn't home right now." I say hoping they wanted Klay to come.

"Kaylee, we were hoping if you could just come. We'll see Klay at the game." My heart then speeds up. How am I suppose to know what to talk about without Klay? I'm not good at talking to people.

"I would love that. Where would you like to go?" I couldn't say no because that would be terribly rude and they would think bad of me.

"We have reservations at Blues. Would you meet us there at one o'clock?" I then look at my phone and it's 12:30. Fuck I don't even have time to prepare.

"I'll see you there, Mrs. Thompson." I declare.

"Oh for the love of Pete call me Julie." She complains, and I laugh.

"Sorry, Julie, see you soon." I say again.

"That's better. Goodbye, Kaylee." I hang up the phone and take a deep breath. I can do this. If I want to be with Klay you have to get to know his parents. I grab my keys and my phone and walk out the door. I drive to blues which was a nice brunch place to eat at. I walk in and see Mr. and Mrs. Thompson already sat. I look at my phone and it's exactly one, so I am not late.

"Oh Kaylee, it's so good to see you again." Julie says, standing up and giving me a hug. I also gotta get use to this hugging thing, I do hug her back though.

"It's good to see you two as well." I hug Mychal and we sit down. I look at the menu and see this place has really fancy meals. I do decide on just some basic pancakes.

"So how are you and Klay doing?" Mrs- Julie asks.

"We've been doing good." I say honestly, looking at both of them,  which they give me a smile.

"That's great to hear." Mr. - Mychal says, and it was my turn to give them. a smile. The waiter then comes and takes our order and they start up conversation again.

"I saw that runway you were on, and you were so beautiful." Julie says, and I blush.

"Thank you ma'am." I thank her and feel my phone buzz. I take it out of my purse and see it's Klay. "Sorry it's Klay, I'll just be one moment." I say, standing up from the table and walking to the bathroom. "Hey, baby."

"Where are you?" He asks quickly. Did I not tell him I was going to lunch with his parents? Probably not I was stressing out to much.

"I'm out to lunch with your parents. Did I forget to text you?" I ask.

"Yes, you did. Where are you guys at. I'll come and meet up with you." I roll my eyes.

"Are you scared of me being alone with your parents?" I ask jokingly.

"No, not at all, babe. I just need to tell them something." Klay states, and he was hiding something from me.

"We're at blues, we already ordered though." I declare.

"That's fine. See you soon." I hang up the phone and huff. Ever since the Cleveland game something seems off with Klay and I can't put my finger on it. I just hope everything is okay. I walk back out to the table.

3 more chapters to go!

Vote and comment!