pets are banned

Word count: 297

Summary: Phil finds an abandoned kitten in the street and decides to adopt it. His boyfriend comes to visit his dorm room and convinces the RA that it was him meowing. Short, fluffy oneshot. I love college aus :D

"Oh, isn't she darling?" Dan cooed, as the kitten nudged her head on his palm. He scratched the back of her ear. "How did you manage to sneak her in?"

Phil shrugged. "I found a decent shoebox and just put her in there." Dan smiled.

The kitten mewed and started purring. "What are you naming her?"

"Well, I was thinking-"

"Not Susan."

"You don't appreciate my taste in names," Phil huffed.

A loud knocking sounded at the door. Oh no. "Must be the RA," Phil said, panicking.

"I'll put her in the box and shove it under the bed, go open the door!"

Phil stood from the bed and shuffled to the door.

"Pets are banned in the dorms!" A short boy with dirty blond hair and black ray bans barged into the room as soon as the doorknob turned. Phil jumped back, just in time so his foot wouldn't get hit by the swinging door. He returned to the bed and sank down into the mattress.

"What pet?" Dan said calmly.

"I know I heard a cat meow in here," the boy narrowed his eyes suspiciously at Dan, who had begun to sweat a little. He heard a bit of rustling from under the bed, but thankfully, the RA didn't notice.

"There's no cat in here," Dan forced a fake laugh. "That was me."

"You... were the one meowing?" The RA raised his eyebrows in disbelief.

"Yeah, Tyler. Don't kink shame me," Dan said without hesitation. Phil felt blood rise up to his cheeks.

"Okay, okay, okay," Tyler backed out of the room, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. His cheeks were slightly tinted pink. "Sorry to, uh-" he coughed. "Disturb you." Dan hummed. Tyler scrambled for the door and slammed it shut.

Phil coughed to break the silence hanging in the air. "Do you really-"

"No."