shiba inu

Word count: 316
Summary: Dan has always dreamed of getting a pet, a furry little friend, but their landlord didn't allow it. After some meetings, a few arguments, and an agreement to paying a little more rent, Phil has prepared a little surprise for his boyfriend...

Also, in case you don't know what a Shiba Inu (or just shibe) looks like, I've attached an aesthetically pleasing picture of one. Look up^

"Phil? Are you okay?" Dan turned the doorknob of his boyfriend's room. Phil was lying in his wicker bed with the covers pulled over his head. Phil groaned in response.

"Do you still feel sick?" Dan sat on the edge of the bed and tugged the duvet down so it revealed Phil's pale face. Phil nodded miserably. "Better than this morning though..." Dan sighed.

"I'm going out to buy you some more medicine. Is there anything you need?"

Phil thought for a second. "More cereal?"

Dan rolled his eyes. "Fine." Phil grinned and clapped his hands a little before throwing a quick coughing fit.

"Get some rest, Philly. I'll be back soon," Dan said as he stood to leave. He closed the door quietly and out the door to the store.

---

Phil waited expectantly for the sound of the front door closing and kicked the duvet to the side. He reached for his phone, which was sitting on the bedside drawer, and quickly dialed a number.

"Hello? This is Phil. You can bring her over now."

---

Dan winced as the closing door creaked and slammed into the wall. He didn't want to wake Phil, who was probably resting. That poor, sick boy...

Dan set down the bag of groceries and kicked off his shoes. He turned around and nearly fell in surprise. Phil was sitting in the middle of the living room holding back an overly excited shibe.

The small puppy yelped happily, and Phil let go of its black collar. Dan's vision blurred as tears of excitement began to build up and he crouched down as the dog leapt into his arms, tackling him. Its tail wagged furiously as the small shibe covered Dan's smiling face in slobbery kisses and licked away a trailing tear.

Phil walked over to Dan and patted the shibe on its furry head. "Surprise," he whispered with a smile.