sick leave

Word count: 428
Summary: Sequel to 'daddies'. Kind of based off of the tweet attached above^^

Phil yawned and stretched his arms. It was morning, it was a new, beautiful day, it was-

"OH MY GOODNESS IT'S MONDAY!!" Phil grabbed his phone and checked the time. 7:50AM.

He shook Dan awake. "Dan!! Laura's going to be late to school! WAKE UP DAMMIT!!!" Phil grabbed the bottle of water on the nightstand and splashed the last bit of water onto Dan's face.

Dan coughed and sleepily glared at his husband. "PHIL! What was that for?!" Phil rolled his eyes and a look of realization flashed across his (*cough* moist *cough*) face.

"Oh." He kicked the duvet off the bed and rushed across the hall towards their daughters' room while Phil went to the kitchen to prepare a quick sandwich. When Phil stepped into the lounge, his heart nearly jumped out of his chest. Laura was sitting on the couch, still in her pajamas and her blonde hair in messy pigtails, eating a slice of buttered toast and watching cartoons.

"Laura! You're... awake?" His daughter rolled her eyes and glared at her father. "Of course I am Daddy, weekday cartoons start at 6AM."

"PHIL, LAURA'S NOT IN HER-" Dan skidded to a stop when he saw her. "-room."

"Laura, why didn't you wake us up? You do know that school starts in..." Phil glanced at the clock on the wall. "...10 minutes, right?" Laura pouted. "But I don't wanna go to school today. Or ever," she muttered.

Phil sighed and dank into the couch beside her. "Laura, you need your education. Kindergarten is important, 'cause that's where you learn the basics for school in the future." Laura shook her head. "But I don't wanna."

"That's alright, Laura. I didn't like going to school either when I was a child, so listen here. I'm going to write you a note for a sick leave. Sound good?" Dan winked at his daughter and she giggled. Phil looked at the two in shock. "No way I'm letting you do this, Dan. She needs to-"

"Learn, yeah, blah blah blah. I get it, Phil. But it wouldn't hurt if she missed one day of kindergarten. You don't even do much there besides draw and stuff, right Laura?" Dan bent down to his daughter's level and they both gave Phil begging eyes. After a minute or so of puppy eyes, Phil threw his arms into the air.

"Fine. Just... don't mention that I had any say in this." Dan and Laura pumped their fists in victory. "CARTOONS ALL DAY YAY!!!!!!" Phil chuckled. He liked making his daughter and husband happy. Even if it means skipping school.