"Let's go out. Come on, let's get cleaned up. How about mini golf after dinner? Ooh no! Bowling! Let's go bowling!" I suggested with a huge smile on my face.

And there was the Jai that I had fallen asleep with last night. That cute little boy with that wretched rat on his face. Surprising me with a two day quick visit home. What a tease.

* * *

July 5th

My back hurts. My feet hurt. And no, believe me it is not from being pregnant. It's from working myself insane. I've worked long days, covering on-call shifts, even working the entire week triaging calls and whatnot.

I love working. I love my job. It's the least I can do. Especially when my coworkers are on vacation.

I work all day, come home make dinner, exercise and play with my dogs then go right back to it. And I love it.

Jai has been working up in Canada, begging to take small leaves to come and visit only to have me yell and tell him no. Don't waste your money to come and fly down here for a few short days. Stay. Work. Film.

Then, when he's finished he can come and see me.

Of course I miss him. Madly. But making movies is his job and that's what he needs to do. To distract himself from worrying about me every second.

I'm sure he's smoked at least 1,000 cigarettes since I've last seen him.

Trying to convince Jai that being pregnant is the farthest from an illness is like talking to a fucking wall.

He seems to have forgotten every single thing that I have told him not only about being pregnant, but about my job. It's damn near useless. He doesn't listen.

It's different, he says. It's you. My response is always, okay, so believe me when I tell you that I know, better than you, about what I can and cannot do.

Hell, sometimes I want to tell him to leave me alone. I have totally made the effort. Many times.

Again, talking to a wall.

He facetimes me several times a week, expecting that this tiny alien inside of me is growing per day and then I find myself saying the same thing every time:

Jai, my dear sweet, thickheaded boy - there is no change in my appearance. I promise you. When you come home, you can see me. See it. I'm not pushing this phone up my shirt for you to see my unpregnant looking abdomen.

When did he become such a handful?

Okay, so it does look pregnant. Something inside me popped and now all of sudden I do look pregnant. I thought I would end up being like my mother when she was pregnant with Dan. No one even knew until she was like seven months along.

Well, that didn't happen to me.

And I don't want to show Jai my growing belly. I want him to see it. In person. Touch it. Be inches from his growing baby. Not miles.

Today I woke up with the thought that there may be two of them growing inside of me and that one was just hiding behind the other. But my ultrasound this morning confirmed otherwise.

Thank goodness. I can barely handle a frantic Jai through the phone now. Imagine if I told him there's two babies growing. He would surely lose his mind.

I facetimed the sonography screen so that he could see the perfect ten fingers and ten toes. The rapid heartbeat and growing head. The rounded belly that had no issues and the spine that showed no signs of any problems.