eighteen

Ayla

January 8th:

*Yeah, this is definitely the suit.

I LOVE IT! You are going to look amazing.

*I'm going to go down there this afternoon with the guys. They're both free, so we can knock some measurements out. And then let them know about the out-of-town measurements.

Oh yeah! I nearly forgot that distance would be a thing. It will work out. I'm sure it will be easy as pie.

The picture that Jai sent me of this suit was truly beautiful. I'm already daydreaming of him wearing it. Gray, cream colored shirt and accents to match. He's going to look spectacular.

These next two months are going to be extremely heavy with wedding planning, because now that it is officially 2014 it's more real. The realest part? That starting at the end of March, I may not see Jai but twice maybe three times between then and when we get married. He will be filming, and I don't think there is really a big chance of him being able to bail any sooner than the end of July. But, it's okay. I've tried to not dwell on it too much, although it's definitely happening. I'm going to be busy, he's going to be busy - it's going to be a hectic ass year. I don't even want to think about getting a house until the fall - maybe. We're just too overwhelmed. I'm trying to not let my anxiety get the best of me.

I look at my clock and notice it is 12:52PM. I have an appointment at 1:30 right around the corner from here for wedding flowers. That is definitely not something I would drag Jai to, so I am very glad that he has his own plans. Clare offered to tag along with me since she had no plans, and we decided that we'd grab a late lunch after.

I finished up the last few pieces of paperwork on my desk before heading out to the florist. Clare's cheery, red-cheeked face is waiting for me as I walk up. Once we've each let the other know how our day was, we head inside and meet with a lovely woman named Sue. Sue gave me this book, as thick as a cinder block - damn near weighing as much - with some flagged pages of things she thought I may be interested in. I flipped through, admiring all the beautiful arrangements, chatting away with Clare for about a half and hour before I finally found the designs that I adored. Having never done something like this before, I had no idea what to expect. Especially since you can't really see the finished product until your wedding day. You're kind of putting a lot of trust in someone with this. I've never been a really picky person but I have to admit that after building these bouquets and centerpieces, my nerves are a little uneasy about it.

Stop it Ayla, have a little faith.

"Alright girl, let's go eat," Clare shook me from the trance I didn't realize I was under.

"Yes, let's."

* * *

January 16th:

"This one. Holy hell, this is the last one. We have to choose this," Jai practically moaned with half a full mouth of cupcake.

He extended his arm with a piece of the treat.

"Oh my God," I mumbled.

"Yeah."

"What flavor is this?" I ask, my question directed to Jo, the associate helping us.

"That would be the blackberry buttermilk," Jo answered with a smile.

After stuffing our faces with a delectable variety of cupcakes, we settled on five different flavors. Caramel apple, chocolate cherry wassail, creamsicle, French toast and blackberry buttermilk. These things were as fancy looking as they were tasty, and I could definitely eat them all day long. But luckily, we have a food tasting to go to after this.