seventeen

Jai

December 16th:

The problem with filming halfway across the globe is the difference in timezones. I mean, there could be worse things going on, but it sucks when you can't sleep and want someone to talk to but you can't. When you just want to hear someone's voice, but you can't because they're probably sleeping. Or when you get a slew of texts while you were passed out and wish you could have responded right away.

That's where I'm at right now. I got all these great texts from Ayla while I was sleeping and it only makes me crave her voice. Our contact lately has been from delayed texts and emails, never at the same time. I'm not going to complain though, because the exchanges that we've had have been great. Aside from the few texts about work, pictures of her bridesmaids with their new dresses and the excited words saying that she'd found the dress, our emails are where the important stuff has been.

Aside from some sexy banter back and forth, our emails have been heavy with house talk. I told Ayla that I wanted us to write down all the things that we could possibly want in a dream home. Nothing from a fantasy, but things that we want. That we deserve and can afford to have. To not let any of our wishes go unfulfilled. The similarities in our desires have been uncanny. Huge kitchen, big comfortable living room, fireplace, full basement, bedroom with a balcony, bathroom to die for, large deck, in-ground pool, four car garage - because why not.

But what Ayla doesn't know is that I've been in close contact with a realtor for the past few weeks who has connected with with a home-builder company. Between the both of them I have been looking for the perfect place for us to have a house, and I think I've all but found it. Twenty minutes from the birth center and about forty minutes or less to reach the airport. Those are the most important key items in our occupational lives, oh and it's pretty close to our friends and family. Reasonable distance from society, away from the clusters of the city, beautiful landscape; This is where I would like my house and I think Ayla will love it.

We had agreed that we wouldn't really talk about building or shit, even shopping for a house until around May or June of next year. You know, right when I'm smack-dab in the middle of heavy filming. I was a bit of a full to choose those dates, but then I decided that this would be my gift to her. My gift to my soon-to-be wife. A house. My only concern is what the hell I'm going to do when she starts talking about going to look for places or wanting to meet contractors or something? I'm hoping that I will be able to figure this out without a hitch and that she'll be none the wiser.

To my surprise these home builders work extraordinarily fast, and have architects that draw up review plans in the matter of a week. It's incredible. So what I've done so far is show interest in his particular location and sent my details with a few 'to be determined' scenarios off to them. I did this at the end of last week, and was told that I would most likely get some things sent back to my by the end of this week. This may go a lot quicker than I think.

* * *

December 21st:

"I know this is taking a little longer than expected, and my sincerest apologies for that. We should be done my Christmas Eve if not sooner if we keep working hard these last few weeks," Jane, our director, bellowed under our mess tent.

"Shit man, I hope so. I really want to be home with my kids for Christmas. My youngest actually knows what it's all about this year," Davey, a co-star mumbles.

"Yeah but you know, we chose this life. Can't win 'em all," John, another co-star adds.

I shyly grin at them, agreeing with both statements. I did choose this career, this life. But I do want to spend Christmas day with my fiance the year before we get married. It feels so weird to think that we met two years ago almost, but have never spent actual Christmas day together. I just... I have to be home for Christmas. I really hope that nothing fucks with that.