twenty-two

Ayla

April 30th:

"When do you pick up your dress?" Clare excitedly asked as she made her way into my office.

Clare had asked me a while back if she could see me for annual gynecological visits. I told her I had no problem with it if she didn't. I know some people that would probably not feel comfortable with that sort of thing. Clare didn't care. So neither did I.

"June 21st! I can't wait. I hope it's perfect. It's been so long since I've seen it and there will be no time for alterations or anything," I answered.

"Oh, it will. I know it. You're gonna look so hot and sexy in that thing."

"Well, sexy isn't what I'm going for here," I hesitantly stated.

"Yeah, so. You'll still look that way. Hey are we allowed to come with you when you get the dress?" Clare asked.

"Of course! Your dresses will be ready too. Megan will be unavailable, but she wants me to pick it up and send it to her. So as long as you all are free-"

"Yes! Definitely!" She excitedly interrupted.

I laughed and clicked away on my computer, submitting a prescription for birth control for her. After I printed her a copy she gave me a big hug and kiss goodbye, completely brightening my day. Clare seems to always have a way of doing that. She reminds me of Jai in so many ways sometimes and that makes being away from him so much easier. I'm sure she'll be calling me by the end of the week to schedule a girl's night. Something she does a little less frequently now that Chris is in her life, but she still keeps it up when she knows I'm lonely.

The last time the bunch of us got together was a few weeks ago to see Divergent. That was an easy choice for me to make, because I was more than eager to see Jai in it. I read the series when he got the part and admittedly didn't care too much for them, because I can't get too into young adult stories, but when he showed me pieces of the script and explained some changes that were made for the movie, I was looking forward to it.

Okay that's a lie. I was looking forward to him. To seeing him in it. I could really care less about the rest. So, imagine how surprised I was when I actually watched the film. It wasn't that bad. I hadn't seen any trailers for it, purposely. When I watched some of his interviews and press for it, I skipped over all of that. I wanted to be fully oblivious to the whole shebang. I had only seen a small, far away, screen shot of him in it, avoiding the internet chatter leading up to watching it.

But when I saw his beautiful figure on screen portraying an asshole, I didn't pay much attention to my friends sitting next to me. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. Act calm and collected the whole time. When we went out for dinner and drinks afterwards, I continued to play it cool. But when I got home that night, before even texting Jai to tell him what I thought, I let my imagination go wild and had some fun with the little friend from my night stand. I was so turned on by the way he looked in the movie, I couldn't help it. And after I played with myself I called him, proceeding to having to rub another one out in the process. What can I say? I was so turned on and I missed him, it's what I had to do.

But our other conversations on the phone were not that fun. They were short and quick and we spent more time texting. It seemed that every time we were on the phone, one of us was short with the other. I think we both know and silently agree that there is just a lot going on right now and our stress is maxed out.

"Your next patient called and said she was going to be a little late, but your 11:30 is already here, so I figured you'd wanna see her first?" Melissa, one of our secretaries, asked as she popped her head in the door.