thirteen

Jai

November 2nd:

"Really, Karen I hope you didn't go out of your way," I woke up to Ayla's voice coming from the living room.

"Girl, stop. Not at all out of my way. And here, the least I could do is buy you coffee and bagels," I heard my mum respond.

I hold my head up and peek at my alarm clock. It's almost 10:00AM, and Ayla was right. I slept like a baby. Minus waking for a short bit earlier. My back is still sore, but my neck and shoulder feel great. It's amazing what a little Icy/Hot and sleep can do. Oh yeah, and that muscle relaxer.

I hear mum and Ayla continue to chat most likely having made their way to the kitchen because I couldn't make out their words. I grab my gym shorts my yesterday and slip them on along with a clean shirt and treck my way to meet them.

"Good morning sunshine!" Ayla boasts, holding a coffee.

"Good morning. Hey mum."

"Hey baby, how are you feeling?" She turns around and stands, walking towards me.

"I feel great actually. Just a little sore."

"Turn, let me see the damage you did," she commands, forcing me to roll my eyes and spin.

She lifts up my shirt and gently pulls the bandage back.

"Ooh, Jai, honey! I know that hurt. You need to be more careful. You're lucky you've got Ayla," she says turning back towards my fiance. "Your stitching looks great by the way."

"Yes, very lucky," I reply, pulling my shirt back down and heading for the coffee that Ayla is holding up for me.

"Here, Ayla called you in an antibiotic," mum said handing me a pharmacy bag.

"Antibiotic?" I question.

"Yes dear. Gyms are dirty, and a cut that size... We want to be sure that you don't get an infection."

I pull out the small orange bottle and read the directions. Twice a day for five days. I open the tube and pop one in my mouth, chasing it with the warm coffee.

"Okay kids, I'll let you go," mum reaches up to pull my neck down, leaving a kiss on my cheek. "We're still on for dinner tomorrow night?"

"Yes, absolutely!" Ayla trilled, as mum kissed her goodbye.

"You guys doing anything fun today?" She asks while heading out.

"We are telling everyone whose in the bridal party!" Ayla excitedly claps.

"Ooh, that's so exciting! Oh I can't wait 'til this wedding," mum smiles big. "Okay, I need to go or I'll talk about this for hours. Bye babes!"

We both laugh out goodbyes as she leaves.

"Speaking of which, I figured I'd get a call from Megan about her package and never did. Tracking says it was delivered," Ayla sadly mumbled, resting her head on her open hand. "I hope it didn't get lost, or... Maybe she doesn't want to be-"

"Now, do you really think that she wouldn't lose her mind about being a bridesmaid? To you?" I interjected.

"Yeah, you're right. Well, she needs to hurry and call me. I'm getting antsy."

She stood from the table and walked over to me, wrapping her arms around my waist but conveniently missing my new welt.

"Are you really feeling good?"

"Yes. It's just a bit sore, and only when I stretch and move around," I answer, setting my coffee down and leaning into her grasp.

Trying my best to subtly grind against her because just her fucking touch turns me on.