nine

Jai

August 19th:

All day at the gym has me tired as hell. I'm drenched in sweat and I feel like I haven't worked out a day in my life. Luckily I can fall back into this routine pretty quickly. After this weekend, life is back to a normal, slower pace and I am not complaining.

Three days in Los Angeles had me feeling like a kid again. Ayla, Dan, Megan and I went to dinner and to some clubs Friday and Saturday night, and that was something I did not miss. The only thing that made me enjoy myself was Ayla. I drank and danced with her all night long. And she clung to me, after I convinced her that every guy in that place was trying to get a piece of her. It didn't help that I was getting my own flock of swooners. Which Ayla teased me about, trying to get me to flirt with these fans. So I did, and it actually worked. They were sweet and kind, and even wished sincere congratulations when they noticed the ring on my girl's finger.

This summer has had us drenched in alcohol, and it's made me realize that I'm not a twenty-one year old newbie anymore. It's been a great time, but I no longer need to get tanked to enjoy hanging out and relaxing with people. I'd much rather spend my time cooking something interesting, vegging on Netflix or doing anything else that involves me, Ayla and possibly good wine. If that makes me seem like an old ass pussy, fuck it.

For the past hour I've been texting back and forth with Ayla, who has been sending me pictures of her now finshed office. She is so estatic about all of this, and wants me to come and check it out as soon as possible. And when she found out that I was busy getting back into a solid work-out regimen today, I was solicited into sending a provocative shirtless, sweaty selfie. Which was worth it, because the ones that I received in response made me want to rush to the office, and bend her over her desk.

My sister had texted me a hours ago, asking if she could stop by on her way home, to drop of a make-up kit, or something, for Ayla. So while I waited for that to happen, I took a shower.

After about ten minutes I dried off, and got shorts on, just in time to hear Clare knock and make her way inside.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked, walking into the living room, pulling a shirt over my head.

"Hey! Not too much. How are you? How was LA?" She asked with a smile.

"It was nice. We totally acted like a bunch of kids, partying like crazy," I told her.

"Nothing wrong with that."

"Yeah, I guess not. Except I don't care about doing shit like that anymore. Ayla either. But I guess once in a while is fun," I said, leaning against the couch, instinctively crossing my arms over my chest, and my right ankle over my left.

"Oh, here," she said, handing me a pretty large white gift bag. "Give this to Ayla please. I know she'll love it. Its a bunch of extra promo stuff I got today."

I grabbed it from her, and placed it on the coffee table before returning to my previous position.

"I'm sure she'll love it," I smiled. "Would you like to stay for dinner?"

"No, thanks. Chris and I are gonna go out I think," she said slightly turning to the door.

She opened her mouth like she was going to say something else, but stopped.

"What?" I asked.

"Nuh... Nothing," she responded, shaking her head.

"Okay."

"Actually. So Ayla told us about Brian the other night. And that was the first I'd ever heard about him, other than his name, and," she stopped.