four

Ayla

July 28th:

"I adore you. Will you marry me?"

Those words came out of his mouth, and I felt my chest grow heavy. The tears that had already started filling my eyes from everything he already said, and now they were fuller. In a million years, I would have never expected a moment like this.

I wet my trembling mouth with my tongue, smile and blink. A few tears slide down my cheeks. My legs almost fall weak. I crouch down, straddling his bent knee, and grab his face in my hands. I slam my lips to his, and as soon as they meet, more tears drop. I keep kissing him feverishly, and feel his arms hug my body, like I will float away. So tightly, so... Perfectly. I'm not sure if I am able to speak, because of all the strong emotions that are pumping through my body. But I have to try.

"Yes," a whisper escapes, as I pull away, reconnect with another kiss, and then release again. "Yes. Yes, of course I'll marry you."

Under my chest, I feel a sigh escape his.

"I love you Jai," another tear-filled whisper cracks.

I look into his eyes, and see them start to glisten. His face is covered with relief, as if he thought I would say no. Suddenly, he pulls me up, and we both stand. Looking down at me, he softly grabs my left hand, and slides the ring on my finger. It fit, perfectly. Like it was made just for me. A single diamond, so shiny, so sparkly, so incredible. It made me feel like a movie star. It didn't even look real. But like something that you'd see on the red carpet, that some designer asked a gorgeous actress to wear. It looked too good for a regular girl like me.

More tears formed in my eyes as I looked down at the stone that sat on my ring finger. My hand was shaking, and Jai noticed. He grabbed it and I immediately squeezed back, and looked up at him.

"It looks like it's always belonged there. Beautiful," he said before lifting my hand and kissing my knuckles.

I don't know how much longer my feelings can take this moment.

"Am I dreaming?" I ask.

I wasn't even sarcastic. This moment doesn't feel like it's happening. Like it's happening to me. It is too good to be true.

His response wasn't words. Instead he pulled me closer to him and placed his hands on my waist. He looked down at my lips, and slowly came towards him. When his lips touched mine again, it felt different. He kissed me so slow, so romantically, so sensually. I was getting a feeling in my stomach, like I did when we first kissed. But this one was better. My body wanted to writhe against him. He was making love to my mouth, and it was starting to overwhelm me. If he kept this up, I wouldn't be able to stay dressed. So I lightly pushed on his chest, and he slowly pulled his lips away.

I could tell that my lips were red and swollen. Full of lust, and I was breathing heavy.

"Still think you're dreaming? 'Cause that felt real to me," Jai spoke.

"I just, I can't believe this is real. This," I pulled my hand up, looking at my ring. "It's gorgeous. And we're in Greece... And it's just. So..."

I stopped, looking into his worried eyes.

"Romantic. This is so romantic. And amazing. And I don't think anything that could ever happen in our lives or anyone else's could come close to this... This moment."

He let out a little chuckle.

"Well," he started, placing my arms around his neck. "I'm glad you feel that way. You deserve it. I love you, Ayla."