Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Worst Luck

{Orphia's POV}

I dreamt of those flames. After years of watching them in action, they finally terrify me. I have always regretted working alongside Satan when I was baby but I had to be free of my parents. They are powerful and I was weak, so the only way to be safe was to be protected by a figure stronger than them.

"Orphia?" A voice echoed in my head. I cringed at the sound of it. My mother was standing in front of me with her true form. A large grizzly bear with dagger-like teeth and sleek red fur. My father was seated behind her in human form.

"Why have you left your quarters without telling us?" She scolded. I looked down at the ground and transformed into my true form. A ram with light pink fur and red eyes. She looked at me with an expression of pity and rage.

"Listen to your mother young lady" Father warned. A growl escaped the back of my throat and mother hit me with her huge paw. A claw made a gash in my side and began bleeding.

"You are no demon. You are nothing" she hissed before I blacked out.

<>

I woke up late at night and looked around. Rin Okumura was asleep in a bed on the other side of the room and Yukio was nowhere to be seen. I got up and walked into the monastery.

The lights were lit dimly and I took a seat. Closing my eyes I thought about True Cross Academy. I was held prisoner there for too long, and I CANNOT go back.

I saw a flash of blue light and I spun around. The white wolf was engulfed in teal flames as it approached me.

Memories of that night exploded in my head making tears spill from my eyes.

"You made me a monster. I hurt so many people. I didn't want to!" I yelled.

"My dear Orphia, all you had to do was say so. You were the one who enlisted my help in the first place. Just tell me and I will be on my way" he snickered.

"I...."

"Orphia! Back up!" Shiro exclaimed pushing me out of the way. Satan bit into Shiro's neck and the wolf form materialized.

"Rin!" I screamed down the hallway. Shiro burst into a fit of laughter before bursting into blue flames. My eyes widened as he stepped closer to me.

"Ahhh much better" Satan chuckled. I stood motionless as he came closer and closer.

Then snap.

I hesitated.

My vision went completely black until I was left alone in my conscience.

"What happened?" I asked myself. A red flame flickered in the distance. Cautiously I walked toward it.

It was not just a flame, but a small crescent shaped pendant on a chain engulfed in red fire.

Surprisingly, it didn't burn when I picked the necklace up. I placed it around my neck...