Chapter 23

Chapter Twenty-Three: Repercussions

{Yukio's POV}

My heart was racing so fast I thought I'd die. Rin was out of control. Meanwhile we managed to take out the bug inside Shiemi and bring Orphia back to safety, if she could hold onto life long enough. I was positive all her ribs were shattered. Something may have pierced her lung since she was constantly coughing up blood.

"You'll be fine Orphi!" Shura smiled trying to distract her. Or maybe she's more trying to convince herself. How are we going to explain this one?

I sat on the cold concrete with Orphia's head in my lap. She tried her hardest to stay awake.

"Yukki, you look like you've seen a ghost" she smiled weakly. Why does this always happen to her?! She did nothing to deserve this!

"Rin!" Shiemi yelled. I looked up and saw my brother raging further ahead and Shiemi running towards him.

"Wait come back!" Shura exclaimed. I reached for my gun but as my hand graced the cold metal Rin collapsed into her arms and the flames died out.

"It's so blue. Just like that night wouldn't you say?"

I looked up and spotted a face I'd never predicted to see around here.

"Good morning everyone! I am Arthur Auguste Angel."

<>
{Orphia's POV}

I remember my vision getting hazy before I notices two sharp blades centimeters from my throat.

Forgive me Rin.

"GET ᗩᗯᗩY ᖴᖇOᗰ ᕼIᗰ!" I was seething with rage. No amount of physical pain would stop me at this point.

"Well if it isn't the late Paladin's prize" the man smirked. I drew my blade and raced towards Rin.

"EᗩᐯE I ᗩᒪOE! I'ᒪᒪ KIᒪᒪ ᗩᒪᒪ O YO!"

I was acting irrational, but I couldn't stop it. This is stupid. The only person who'll die is yourself.

Arthur jumped down and parried my swing.

Just drop it. Save yourself and Rin.

Lightning danced around me in arcs striking anything who interfered.

"How was it Orphia? The Vatican cells that is. You spent decades down there with nobody to talk to. Don't worry, you'll be back there soon enough. Now stop playing this childish game!" He groaned pushing me back with the hilt of his sword.

My eyes widened. I can't go back there.

My body felt light. Everything was rushing to my head making me dizzy. Angel smiled walking towards me casually putting his sword away.

"Dont.... joke with me" I muttered before falling to the ground. Dammit.

<>

I recognised the cold dampness instantly. Vatican prison. Or maybe some other one. For all I cared I was right back where I started before the escape.

Sorry Shiro. I wasted your effort.

"Come on" a deep voice repremanded. I felt my arm being tugged upward and a man smirked at me.

Must make you feel great to see a demon nearly beaten to death. I look like hell. Go ahead. Laugh.

He slapped handcuffs around my wrists and dragged my limp corpse toward two giant doors.

When he opened them I noticed Mephisto atop a bunch of stairs and Rin frozen in some sort of crystal.

The guard tossed me next to Rin and I sagged to the floor. I don't want to be here anymore.

"I'd like to propose a wager..."