After my cries calmed down I became aware of a throbbing pain in my shoulder and leg. I winced and raised one of the hands to my shoulder and felt a soft fabric covering it.

"Are you ok now?" He asked softly. I nodded slowly and he hesitantly removed his grip from me.

I instantly wrapped my arms around myself and kept my head down. I still didn't know who this stranger was but I couldn't deny the feeling of protection and comfort I got from him.

"Can I know your name?" He asked. I didn't reply and kept my gaze down.
"Can you at least look at me?" He asked sadly and I replied with frantically shaking my head.

"Why not?" He asked, confusion lacing his tone. I shook my head in reply as my hands began trembling.

"Hey, it's ok. You don't need to be scared. I'd never hurt you" he soothed as he wrapped his large warm hands around my small cold ones.

I flinched back but felt my body relax at his touch. The sense of warmth and safety filled me as tingles erupted where his skin touched mine.

"I won't hurt you, please look at me" he spoke sadly as he gently squeezed my hands. I let out a shaky breath before complying with his wish.
I slowly lifted my gaze and connected with his. My breath caught in my throat as my eyes locked with his.

'Mate! Mate! Mate!' Tala cheered happily as she pranced around in my mind, wagging her tail.

I stared at my mate with wide eyes as he gazed at my face and I gazed at his.

Handsome is an understatement.
He had a strong, sharp jawline that was covered in light stubble, high cheekbones, his nose was a little croaked, his lips were plump and pink. His hair was ebony black and looked extremely soft, making me want to just run my hands through it.

And his eyes. Gosh his eyes. They were a mesmerising emerald green and looked shockingly familiar.

I broke out of my thoughts when I felt his hand cup my cheek. I flinched and squeezed my eyes shut. I heard him sigh sadly and I opened my eyes. He had a small frown on his lips as his eyes flickered around my face before stopping on my lips.

I gulped as I stared him. I could feel the power radiating off him, the Alpha power radiating off him. I whimpered as a rush of thoughts flew around my mind.

Is he going to hurt me?
Will he treat me like my Alpha did?
Will he hurt me like my father did?
Will he use me like Beta James did?

I hadn't realised I was crying until his thumb brushed against my cheek, wiping away the fallen tears.

"Why are you crying?" He frowned as he wiped away my tears. I whimpered in reply and shook my head.
"Can you talk?" He asked. I shook my head again. He sighed sadly and cupped my face in his hands.

"Can I hug you?" He asked hesitantly as he hands tilted my face up to meet his gaze.

'Mate won't hurt us. We can trust mate' Tala spoke softly, encouraging me to trust him. If Tala trusted him then I do. I trust her with my life so I listen to her when it comes to people.

I slowly nodded my head to him and his arms instantly wrapped around my small frame.
My hands stayed on my lap as he nestled his face in my neck.