the heat is on

When the call ended, fake Helen and fake Fernando tied up Tori, Helen and Fernando, covered their eyes and then gagged them

"There has been a change of plans. We're making a pit stop. If everything goes well, your Guardian friends will be our prisoners. Then when we get bored, we can sell you two one of the Kree outposts that has bounty on you. They're willing to pay a lot of units" fake Helen said. Tori tried speaking but her voice was muffled.

"Where are we keeping them until we land?" fake Fernando asked

"In the storage room. It's small but I'm sure they won't mind" fake Helen said. Fake Fernando grabbed Tori by the hair and dragged her towards the storage room. She was thrown in. She hit her head against some kind of metal item so hard that she passed out.

~

The Guardians had landed and were waiting. While they did wait, Rocket was going over a plan with them.

"Before they can handcuff us, or tie us up, or whatever they're planning to do, Peter will grab Tori and I'll grab her parents. Gamora, you're going to take care of the fake mom while Drax will take care of the fake dad" Rocket explained.

"We fight them off long enough until the Nova Corps comes" Gamora said

"And while you two are doing that, Tori will be in my arms and she'll be thanking me with a kiss" Peter said. Everyone looked at him. "What?"

"There are more important things than trying to win the affections of Phoenix" Drax said

"It's important to me, alright?" Peter said. The ship that was holding their friend captive arrived. Fake Helen and Fake Fernando stepped out with a tied up, blinded and gagged Tori, Helen and Phoenix. Tori was still knocked out.

"What have you done to my sister?" Rocket asked

"Don't worry. We didn't kill her. She's just knocked out. Now, if you'd stay where you are. My husband and I will tie your hands behind your backs. I think I'll start with the green one" fake Helen said. She stood behind Gamora but before her hands could be tie, Gamora grasped fake Helen's arm and threw her to the ground. 

"Plan starts now!" Rocket said. He and Peter ran towards Tori and her parents, while Gamora and Drax fought off fake Helen and Fernando. Peter picked up Tori. Rocket set Helen and Fernando free of their binds, blindfolds and gags.  "Don't ask any questions. I just need you to follow Quill here. He'll keep you guys safe"  

"Follow me, and stay close" Peter said. Helen and Fernando followed Peter back to the Milano.

~

Once on the ship, Peter brought Tori and her parents to his bunk. He placed her on the bed. 

"Are you guys thirsty or hungry?" Peter asked

"Yes, we're starved and very parched" Helen said

"Okay. I'll bring you some food and water" Just when Peter left, that's when Tori woke up. She looked around and saw that she was in Peter's room.

"Wait, this is Peter's room. Mom? Dad? What's going on?" she asked

"We're on your ship, safe and sound. Peter's getting us food and water" Fernando said.

"What about my other friends? Where are they?" 

"Fighting our imposters" Helen said. 

"Without me? I'm not going to let that happen" Tori got off of the bed, and grabbed her guns from their holsters. When she exited the room, she ran into Peter.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where do you think you're going?" he asked

"I'm going to help the others" Tori tried walking past Peter but he stopped her.

"I don't think so. You were just passed out, and you probably need food and water" 

"Peter, this is personal. These creeps kidnapped my parents and held them hostage for twenty eight years. Then they kidnap me and try to take you in as prisoners. I need to go fight them" Tori argued

"I'm sorry. I made a promise to Rocket---"

"If I kiss you, will you let me go?"

"Well, you could try but---" Peter was pulled into a kiss before he could finish his sentence. He let his hands rest on her waist, while her hand rested on his cheek. Their kiss ended and they stared at each other. "Alright. Go"

"Thanks Peter" she said, before running off to help her friends. She changed her settings on her gun, so when she'd shoot at her kidnappers, she wouldn't kill them, just knock them out. 

~

When she made it outside, Gamora, Drax and Rocket were doing their best to keep fake Helen and Fernando at bay. Unfortunately, fake Helen brought them down with a few shots of her gun. She didn't kill them, but she had drained much of their energy.

"Just give up! You will come with us, and be our prisoners whether you like it or not!" fake Helen said.

"Hey assholes" Tori shouted. Fake Helen and Fernando turned their attention towards her. "Leave my friends alone and surrender, or else" She had her guns pointing towards them. Her fake parents started laughing.

"You think those guns are going to stop us? Look how small they---" fake Helen didn't finish her sentence as a strong bolt of energy was shot at her. It pushed her to the ground and knocked her out. Fake Fernando held his hands up, and looked at Tori. He held up his hands.

"There's no need to shoot. I'll surrender----" Tori shot another bolt at him, causing him to pass out as well. She blew away the smoke that was coming out of the barrels of her guns. Then she ran over to help her friends.

"Are you guys alright?" she asked

"Why did Quill let you come out here!? I'm gonna kill him" Rocket said

"He tried stopping me but I wouldn't listen to him" 

"Stubbornness. I like it" Drax said

"What happens now?" Tori asked

"The Nova Corps are on their way. We just have to wait for them" Gamora said. Tori was just happy that she and her parents were now safe with her friends.