the winner takes it all

"Why would you even know this?" Peter asked

"Why would you even know this?" Peter asked. Back at Nova Headquarters, he was just told that he was only half Terran.

"When we arrested you, we noticed an anomaly in your nervous system, so we had it checked out" Dey said

"I'm not Terran?"

"You are half Terran. Your mother was of earth. Your father, well, he's something very ancient we've never seen here before" Nova Prime said

"That's probably why you could hold the stone for so long" Tori said

"Your friends have arrived. On behalf of the Nova Corps, we'd like to express our profound gratitude for your help in saving Xandar. If you will follow Denarian Dey, he has something to show you" 

"Thank you, Nova Prime" Peter said. They all followed Dey outside. The Milano was restored.

"We tried to keep it as close to the original as possible. We salvaged as much as we could" Dey said

"Wow. I...thank you" Peter said

"I have a family who are alive because of you. Your criminal records have also been expunged. However, I have to warn you against breaking any laws in the future"

"Question. What if I see something that I want to take, and it belongs to someone else?" Rocket said

"Well you will be arrested"

"But what if I want it more than the person who has it?" 

"Still illegal"

"That doesn't follow. No, I want it more, sir. Do you understand?" Gamora let out a laugh. "What are you laughing at? Why? I can't have a discussion with this gentleman?" Rocket followed Gamora.

"What if someone does something irksome and I decide to remove his spine?" Drax asked

"That's...that's actually murder. It's one of the worst crimes of all, so also illegal" Dey said. With that, Drax made his way to the Milano.

"They'll be fine, Dey. I'm gonna keep an eye on 'em" Peter said

"You?"

"Yeah, me" Peter said. Him and Tori started walking towards the Milano.

"You still owe me a kiss" Peter said just as they were about to go inside. Tori smiled and turned to face him. She took his face in her hands and pressed her lips to his. The kiss left Peter in a daze.

"Wow" he said.

~

When Tori heard Ain't No Mountain High Enough playing, she went to go find Peter. He was sitting down, watching as the tape played. He sensed her presence and looked in her direction. She smiled at him, which earned her a smile in return.

~

On the bridge, Peter and Rocket both sat in the pilot chairs. Drax sat in the chair behind them. Gamora stood beside Rocket and Tori stood beside Peter. Groot's twig that was in the pot Rocket was holding sprouted arms and yawned. 

"So, what should we do next? Something good? Something bad? A bit of both?" Peter asked

"Let's follow your lead, Star-Lord" Tori said

"Alright, Dancing Queen. Bit of both!" Peter said. The Milano took off, leaving Xandar to take them onto their next adventure.

~

"Honey! Honey! Come see this" said a woman. Her husband came to see what all the commotion was about.

"What is it?" he asked

"This news report. The Guardians of The Galaxy stopped Ronan the Accuser. And look at this. One of them calls herself Dancing Queen" 

"Helen, you don't think---"

"Fernando, I know it's her. Our beautiful daughter" 

"Well, wherever we can find these Guardians, I know we'll find Tori" Fernando said

"Let's go get her back" Helen said