gimme! gimme! gimme! (a man after midnight)

After Tori got dressed in her regular clothes, she began wandering around

After Tori got dressed in her regular clothes, she began wandering around. She eventually found Rocket taking parts of the ship and making something.

"What are you making?" she asked

"I'm making---"

"Woh, woh, woh! Yoh, Ranger Rick! What are you doing? You can't take apart my ship without asking me!" Peter said as he joined them. "See, what is this?" He reached to grab something but Rocket stopped him.

"Don't touch that, it's a bomb" Rocket said

"A bomb?" 

"Yep"

"And you leaving it lying around? Tori, you didn't try to stop him?" Peter asked

"What makes you think he would listen to me?"

"Well, you're his sister" 

"That doesn't mean he would listen" 

"I was gonna put it in a box" Rocket said

"What's a box gonna do?" Peter said. Rocket proceeded to pull out the box next to him and picked up a wrapped present. 

"How about this one?" he asked

"No! Woh! Hey! Hey! Leave it alone!" Peter said

"Why? What is it?" 

"Shut up" Peter said. He pointed to something else that Rocket had pulled from the ship. "What is that?" 

"That's for if things get really hardcore. Or if you wanna blow up moons" Rocket said. 

"No one's blowing up moons" Gamora said.

"You just wanna suck the joy out of everything" Rocket said. Tori pat Rocket on the head (she was the only person allowed to do that) and joined Peter, Gamora and Drax.

"So, listen, I'm gonna need your buyer's coordinates" Peter said to Gamora.

"We're heading in the right direction, for now" she said, picking up the orb. 

"If we're gonna work together, you might want to try trusting me a little bit"

" And how much do you trust me?" Peter took the orb out of Gamora

"I'd trust you a lot more if you told me what this was, because I'm guessing it's some kind of weapon" he said. He placed the orb on the table. 

"I don't know what it is" Gamora said. Drax picked up the orb.

"If it's a weapon, we should use it against Ronan" he said

"Put it down, you fool! You'll destroy us all" Gamora said

"Or just you, murderess!"

"I let you live once, princess!"

"I am not a princess!" 

"Hey! Nobody is killing anybody on my ship! We're stuck together until we get the money" Peter said. Drax threw the orb to Peter.

"I have no interest in money" he said then walked off.

"Great. That means more money for the four of us" Peter said. Groot made a noise indicating that he counts as well. "For the five of us. Partners"

"We have an agreement, but I would never be partners with the likes of you. I'll tell the buyer we're on our way. And Quill, your ship is filthy" Gamora said before walking up the stairs.

"Oh, she has no idea. If I had a black light, the place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting" Peter said.

"And that's my cue to leave" Tori said. Peter watched as she left before Rocket spoke up.

"You got issues, Quill"

~

Tori managed to find some privacy so she took this as an opportunity to listen to some ABBA. She looked through her tapes and found the one with Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight). She popped the tape into her walkman and the music started to play. She closed her eyes and started dancing along with the music. Tori found herself relating to this song. All she wanted was to be in a relationship with someone who loved her, and would want to spend the rest of his life with her.

"Gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight. Won't somebody help me chase the shadows away. Gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight. Take me through the darkness to the break of the day" Tori found herself singing along, unaware that she had attracted an audience. When she saw Peter watching her, she quickly stopped dancing and singing, and turned off her music.

"You know, you're an amazing dancer and singer" Peter said, stepping closer to Tori.

"Um, thank you" she said, stepping back a bit. 

"Is there any particular reason you were listening to that song?" Peter questioned, a smirk on his face. He kept walking towards her and she kept stepping back until she hit a wall. Peter was in front of her, with one hand on his hip and the other on the wall next to Tori's head.

"No, no reason at all. I just happen to really like that song" Peter leaned in so that their faces were only an inch apart. 

"Are you sure? You're not trying to tell me anything?"

"N-no" Tori wished Peter would stop doing this to her. From the moment she saw him, she thought he was very attractive. That moment in the Kyln when they both stepped forward to defend their walkmans, it was more than an attraction at that point and something a bit deeper, though it wasn't quite love. Peter started leaning in more so that their lips nearly touched but Tori ducked in time and moved away from him.

"Quill, never in a million years will you and I ever be together" Tori said. She left Peter and instead found Rocket. 

"Tor, you okay? Your cheeks are pinker than usual" Rocket said

"What?" Tori said, touching her cheeks. 

"It's Quill, isn't it?"

"No! I don't like him like that Rocket" 

"Sure, whatever you say" he said, crossing his arms and smirking knowingly. He was about to walk away when Tori stopped him.

"Rocket, if you ever tell Quill, I will roast you over a fire and let Drax eat you" Tori warned. Rocket wanted to laugh but the look on Tori's face was quite serious so he decided not to.