i'm still alive

When the ship crashed, Rocket and Tori went over to the pile of twigs

When the ship crashed, Rocket and Tori went over to the pile of twigs. Both of them grabbed a handful. Groot sacrificed his life to save all of them. 

"Tor, I called him an idiot" Rocket said

"He knew you didn't mean it" Tori said. Ronan emerged from behind the two siblings. Rocket and Tori turned to face him. Both of them stood up.

"You killed Groot!" Rocket said angrily. He rushed towards Ronan, who used his warhammer to push Rocket aside. 

"Rocket!" Tori ran to her brother, to make sure he was okay. 

"Behold! You're Guardians of the Galaxy! What fruit have they wrought? Only that my father and his father shall finally know vengeance. People of Xandar, the time has come to rejoice and renounce your paltry gods! Your salvation is at hand" Ronan said. Rocket began fixing the weapon that was nearby. At that time, Peter stood up and started dancing while singing O-O-H Child.

"Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier. Ooh-oo child, things'll get brighter. Listen to these words. "Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier. Ooh-oo child, things'll get brighter." Now bring it down hard! "Some day, we'll get it together and we'll get it..."

"What are you doing?" Ronan asked

"Dance-off, bro. Me and you. Tori" Peter held out his hand in Tori's direction. She gave him an 'are you serious?' look. " Subtle. Take it back"

"What are you doing?" Ronan asked, harsher than before.

"I'm distracting you, you big turd blossom" Peter said. Rocket and Drax appeared beside Ronan with a canon. Rocket powered it up, and it broke Ronan's hammer. The infinity stone was out in the open now, and Peter made a dive for it. He managed to grab it before Ronan did. A cloud of purple smoke surround the Guardians' and Ronan. Tori got as close to Peter as she could.

"Peter! Take my hand" she screamed, and held it out for him. He reached it out and grabbed it. Gamora grabbed Tori's free hand, Drax touched Peter's shoulder and Rocket grabbed one of Drax's fingers. The power of the stone coursed through all five of them.

"You're mortal! How?" Ronan said

"You said it yourself, bitch. We're the Guardians of the Galaxy" Peter said. He opened his palm and a purple stream made it's way to Ronan, killing him. Gamora reached over and sealed the stone. Gamora let go of Tori's hand and gave her the stone. She gave it to Peter, whose hand was still wrapped around hers. 

"Well, well, well. Quite the light show.  Ain't this sweet. But you got some business to attend to before all the nookie-nookie starts" Yondu said

"You can't Peter" Tori said

"You gotta reconsider this, Yondu. I don't know who you're selling this to, but the only way the universe can survive is if you give it to the Nova Corps" Peter said

"I may be as pretty as an angel, but I sure as hell ain't one. Hand it over, son" Yondu said. Peter gave the orb to him.

"Yondu. Do not open that orb. You know that, right? You've seen what it does to people" Peter said. Yondu let out a chuckle before he and his men walked away. When he saw that the ship took off, Peter took out the real orb with the stone.

"He's gonna be so pissed when he realizes I switched out the orb on him" 

"He was gonna kill you, Peter" Tori said

"Oh, I know. But he was about the only family I had" 

"No, he wasn't" Tori said. She looked over to Rocket, who was holding Groot's twigs and crying. "Please, excuse me" She walked over to Rocket and sat down beside him. Rocket moved onto her lap and she started petting him.