does your mother know?

Helen and Fernando sat with their daughter at a table

Helen and Fernando sat with their daughter at a table. She was eating the food they served her. Yes they were being very hospitable but Tori didn't yet believe that they actually were her parents.

"How do I know that you two really are my parents?" Tori asked

"Do you still have those ABBA tapes that we gave you?" Helen said. Tori grinned and nodded.

"So you really are my parents?" 

"Yes, sweetheart. Why would we lie to you about that?" 

"I've just met a lot of weird people throughout the galaxy. I had to be sure. How long have you two been trying to look for me?" 

"We've been looking for twenty eight years. The day you were abducted, we went straight to S.H.I.E.L.D. We were afraid that they weren't going to believe us when we told them what happened, but luckily they did. They even gave us this spacecraft" Fernando said

"So, you've been searching twenty eight years for me? I thought you guys would have forgotten about me" 

"We never did. We listened to ABBA every day for the past twenty eight years, because of you. Now, here you are. Your father and I found you. We're a family again" Helen said

"And now that you're back with us, we're taking you home" Fernando said

"Home?" Tori questioned.

"Yes, home. We're on our way back to Earth at this very moment" Helen said

~

Back on the Milano, Rocket was still waiting for Tori's coordinates but he wasn't having any luck. Usually Tori's tracker would be showing him the coordinates by now. 

"Rocket, any luck on finding Tori yet?" Gamora asked

"No. I think her tracker might be broken, which doesn't make any sense. I don't know how it could break. It's in her neck for cryin' out loud" Rocket said

"Or maybe whoever kidnapped her took the tracker out of her neck?" Rocket stared blankly at Gamora, as he never thought of that possibility.

"Ah shit" 

~

"Earth? We're going to Earth?" Tori asked. For some reason, that thought didn't make her all that happy.

"Yes. Is something wrong?" Helen asked

"Look, I'm glad you guys finally found me after so long but my home is with my friends and my brother" 

"You don't have a brother"

"Yes I do! His name is Rocket, and he rescued me from those space pirates! Something you two failed to do!" Tori was getting mad now. Who do these people think they are? Well, yeah they're her parents, but they can't just take Tori to a planet that wouldn't even be familiar to her anymore. "It was great seeing you guys but could you take me back to Knowhere so I can contact my brother so he can come and get me"

"I don't think so!" Fernando said. Now Tori's parents were getting angry as well.

"Well, even if you don't take me to Knowhere, I'm sure Rocket will find me. For some odd reason, he always does"

"Not without this, he won't" Helen said. She opened her hand, revealing the tracking device they removed from her neck. "Is Rocket the one that put this in your neck?" 

"What? How the---" Tori touched her neck. "Okay. I didn't even know that was in there"

"Sweetheart, it doesn't matter. You are not going anywhere" 

~

Rocket called Gamora, Peter and Drax in for a meeting.

"So, I have some bad news. It has been brought to my attention that Tori's tracker may or may not have been removed from her neck" Rocket said.

"Which one is it?" Drax asked

"Huh?"

"Is the tracker in her neck or has it been removed?"

"It's most likely been removed, and because of that, I can't find her coordinates"

"Do you have any other idea of how we're supposed to find her?" Gamora asked

"No. I don't even know who would want to take her! For all I know, it could've been space pirates again" 

"Or maybe it could've been her parents" Peter suggested. This made everyone look to his direction. "Back on Knowhere, she started talking to me about her parents. She said that she always thought they were out there, looking for her somewhere. What if that was true?" 

"You're saying my sister was kidnapped by her parents?" Rocket asked

"It's a possibility, yes" 

"Peter may be onto something. Rocket, do you know what her parents look like?" Gamora asked

"No! I've never met her parents before!" Rocket said

"You two do not share the same parents? Then how are you siblings?" Drax said

"I adopted her! We couldn't biologically be siblings" 

"One parent could be human and one could be a furry beast" 

"Guys! Focus! We need to get information on her parents!" Gamora said

"All we know is that her last name is Phoenix. It's not much" Peter said

"No, but it's a start" 

~

Helen and Fernando had to make a pitstop on some planet. They locked Tori in a room, afraid that she would call Rocket. She was incredibly bored out of her mind so she decided to snoop around the room that she was in. She stumbled on a newspaper clipping. On it, was a picture of her parents. There was a bolded headline above it.

WANTED:

​​​​​​​Helen Phoenix and Fernando Phoenix. They are wanted for armed robbery, kidnapping and possible murder. If found, please contact the Nova Corps as soon as possible. Please do not approach. They are believed to be very dangerous.

~

Peter managed to find some information about Tori's parents but it wasn't the kind he was hoping to find. He found Gamora and took her somewhere so they could speak in private,

"I found some information on Tori's parents" he said.

"That's great Peter. What did you find?" Gamora asked.

"Her parents are wanted criminals"

"What?" 

"I know it sounds hard to believe but that's what I found. They're wanted by the Nova Corps" 

"Peter, we need to contact Nova Corps. I fear that Tori may be in danger"