tori the dancing queen

It was a normal day in 1986. At least it was supposed to be. Helen and Fernando Phoenix were supposed to take their daughter Tori to see a movie. Labyrinth had just come out, and six year old Tori was dying to see it. Helen and Fernando couldn't say no to their little girl. Yep, that's what the day was supposed to be like.

Only it wasn't.

No. Instead, space pirates decided to pay a visit to Terra. They just so happened to find Tori's home. They just so happened decided to take Tori, while her parents pleaded for them not to take her. That just so happened to be the day that Tori left home and never saw her parents again.

~

Ten years after that day, Tori has lived the same way everyday. The space pirates kept her locked in a room and only fed her once a day. She still never understood why they took her, but she assumed it was for a no-good and disgusting reason. The only thing that kept Tori sane was the music of ABBA. Before leaving Terra, her parents had given her a walkman and all of ABBA's albums on cassette tapes. She knew all the words to all of the songs. Especially Dancing Queen. That was her favorite song.

What Tori didn't know, is that her life would change for the better that day. It's the day that a certain raccoon and tree would come to her rescue. 

~

"You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life" Agnetha and Anni-Frid sang the words so beautifully. Tori always got so lost in the moment whenever she listen to Dancing Queen. She even calls herself Dancing Queen, because she is one.

"See that girl, watch that scene, diggin the Dancing Queen!" Tori sang along. Her singing abruptly stopped when she heard grunts and thuds not far from her cell. She also heard an unfamiliar voice.

"Space pirates are such pigs. I don't even think it's worth it for all the units" the voice let out a laugh. "Who am I kidding? It is worth it!" Tori's heart thumped in anticipation. Maybe this was her chance to be set free!

"Hello! Is anyone there?"

"Groot, did you hear that?"

"I am Groot"

"Space pirates are all male! Maybe they have a prisoner or something? Anyways, it's not our problem"

"I am Groot"

"I don't care if its mean to leave her here! She wouldn't be any use to us"

"I am Groot!"

"Fine, fine. We'll help her" Tori could hear footsteps approaching her cell. She couldn't wait to see the man who was about to save her. Only it wasn't a man, it was a raccoon. 

"Alright, here's the deal. Groot and I are going to set you free, then maybe afterwards we can work out some reward" the raccoon said

"I don't have any units on me, but that doesn't mean I can't be helpful" Tori said

"Go on" the raccoon said, crossing his arms.

"I've observed these space creeps for a long time now and I've picked up on a few things. Plus, I'm not too bad with a gun. Let me out, and I can help you guys" Tori said. The raccoon thought about it.

"Alright then. Groot, let's get her out" the raccoon said. They managed to break the lock on Tori's cell door and break her free.

"By the way, the name's Rocket and this here is Groot" 

"I am Groot"

"Nice to meet you both. My name is Tori Phoenix, or you can call me Dancing Queen as well"

"What kind of name is Dancing Queen?" Rocket asked, although he had to admit it had a nice ring to it.

"One that means a lot to me" Tori said.